Which web browser do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I use Webkit nightlies except when I need Adobe and Java plugins to work properly. In those cases, I use regular Safari. I would use Safari all the time, but it does not render pages as accurately as the more recent Webkit nightlies do (ignoring styling on buttons being my primary peeve with Safari). If Firefox ever gets its zoom button to work like Safari's does (change window size to be just as big as it needs to accomodate a webpage), I'll switch to that in a heartbeat though; the extensions are nice, as is the pipelining.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I use Webkit nightlies except when I need Adobe and Java plugins to work properly. In those cases, I use regular Safari. I would use Safari all the time, but it does not render pages as accurately as the more recent Webkit nightlies do (ignoring styling on buttons being my primary peeve with Safari). If Firefox ever gets its zoom button to work like Safari's does (change window size to be just as big as it needs to accomodate a webpage), I'll switch to that in a heartbeat though; the extensions are nice, as is the pipelining.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
Since getting the new internet connection, I've moved over to using Safari (might as well keep it safe!) but I have FireFox for when massive multi-window browsing is required!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
Since getting the new internet connection, I've moved over to using Safari (might as well keep it safe!) but I have FireFox for when massive multi-window browsing is required!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Up until last week I used Safari primarily and Firefox as secondary. But this week I downloaded Camino, and it has become my primary one. Much faster than either one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Up until last week I used Safari primarily and Firefox as secondary. But this week I downloaded Camino, and it has become my primary one. Much faster than either one.

Reaction score
Firefox on everything. Got used to the layout, and the Foxmarks plugin makes things a lot easier (lets me keep my bookmarks synced on all my computers)

Reaction score
Firefox on everything. Got used to the layout, and the Foxmarks plugin makes things a lot easier (lets me keep my bookmarks synced on all my computers)

Reaction score
yea, i am going to have to go with safari, it fits right in with the OS and is very fast, it looks great too!

Reaction score
yea, i am going to have to go with safari, it fits right in with the OS and is very fast, it looks great too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook white, 2.0 ghz core duo, 2gb ram, 160gb hd, superdrive
I prefer Opera on my mac and Firefox on my pc.

Opera seems to be much faster on my my macbook than Firefox and Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook white, 2.0 ghz core duo, 2gb ram, 160gb hd, superdrive
I prefer Opera on my mac and Firefox on my pc.

Opera seems to be much faster on my my macbook than Firefox and Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Opera. More out of habit than anything else. All the browsers I've tried on mac are decent, I'm just used to the layout and know how to change it to my liking. I used it on Windows since version 4 or 5, and brought it with me since changing. Only thing I miss is the OS integration, which works much better in FF and Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Opera. More out of habit than anything else. All the browsers I've tried on mac are decent, I'm just used to the layout and know how to change it to my liking. I used it on Windows since version 4 or 5, and brought it with me since changing. Only thing I miss is the OS integration, which works much better in FF and Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
Right now I use Safari for everything. I have ie for those few pages that wont work on a mac. Wold I be better off using FF over ie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
Right now I use Safari for everything. I have ie for those few pages that wont work on a mac. Wold I be better off using FF over ie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini g4 1.42mz 80gig hd superdrive bluetooth and airport + ibook 12" g4 800mhz
have tried firefox and opera, preferred safari to those but discovered camino its the best i have used

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini g4 1.42mz 80gig hd superdrive bluetooth and airport + ibook 12" g4 800mhz
have tried firefox and opera, preferred safari to those but discovered camino its the best i have used

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
Currently using Safari since it came with the OS.

Used to have FireFox on PC and I've been thinking about changing back to it, since I'm more familiar with it and FF contains features I haven't found in Safari, eg. Force all links to open in new tabs instead of windows (without any additional key combos).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
Currently using Safari since it came with the OS.

Used to have FireFox on PC and I've been thinking about changing back to it, since I'm more familiar with it and FF contains features I haven't found in Safari, eg. Force all links to open in new tabs instead of windows (without any additional key combos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.