• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What is Your Mac's Name?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 80GB 2GHz C2D 1GB RAM | iPod Nano 3G 8GB
"The Holy Mac"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
My G4 Powermac that I turned into a server before it died was called Orbiter. I had a "Nasa" theme to my setup.. My main PC with twin displays and lots of power was "mission control," and seeing as how the server was like a satelite, so-to-speak, I felt Orbiter was perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
kwai - means fast in Chinese.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
My MacBook is Calla Lily:

JCCallaLilyLG.jpg

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
On most of my Mac's the name is my name followed by the model of Mac it is. On some I use my favorite cats name followed by the Mac's name. Same with my PC's except for the server which is the name of the site it hosts.

Reaction score
my macbook's name is "Luxcerique"
i spent a lot of brain cells coming up with the name, haha :p

lux- latin for light

ceri- part of the welsh name ceridwen meaning beauty (or it might have been love, i forgot :p

que- haha, just thought adding this would make it sound nice :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
Like my ride, it's "Carmlea"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Elisha....cause my iMac is the only thing that comes close to looking as beautiful as Elisha Cuthbert...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Do you name your Macs?

I do...hahaha
My ol' Apple II is named Gramps...Self explanitory...It's old haha:p
My eMac is named the Green Beret because it's green and it's a workhorse.
My iBook is named December because it's well...White like snow (It usually snows in December.) and it's quiet like a snowy December morning. :D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Sure why not, my baby is named Betty. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
All my computers have names, makes them easy to identify on the network. My MBP is Arklay Research, because I do most of my research work on it. The server (BSD) is Red Queen, since she has a ton of storage. The other comps all get name changes when I am bored. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Both my eMacs are named.....oddly enough, eMac 1 and eMac 2, My Mac Mini is named Invisible....I've had people come over and not realize it's sitting under an LCD monitor supported by an arm....only giveaway is the slot and little white light....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
I had named all of my PC computers

but have not yet named my Mac. Thanks for the post, reminds me I need to come up with something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Did you name your PC computers "Headache 1" , "Headache2"? lol kidding dude..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
My PCs are named Monster rev. 3.0, a kick butt SLI rig, my test box is named Opty180 for it's Opteron 180 processor, I have my Acer laptop named lappy, My classic SMP rig with dual Pentium III 450s is named Slowpoke and I also have a PC that is totally Caseless, which is it's name, there is no enclosure, just a mainboard screwed to a pine rack kinda neat....works....Athlon XP 2400+ and no, not of them gives me a headache.....they all run perfectly except for the testbox which is made to be broken softwarewise lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
Truthfully

the third last machine was called Titanic because every problem was just the tip of the iceberg :D The second last one was called Beast (because it sure was no Beauty). The very last one was called Jeeves because it did serve faithfully (after the motherboard got replaced, cough). I am not anti-PC, I just "believed" that Macs were better so I bought one. I am slowly becoming convinced that that is true. I don't know enough to understand the techy parts but I do know in 7 1/2 months I have only had one crash. It stunned me, it was so unexpected. No matter what the argument or point under debate, I have to say that one crash in 7 1/2 months is phenomenal from my point of view. Even if I am not techy, I use my computer eight to ten hours a night with large files doing digital graphics which means having PSCS3 and Expression Media 2 and a couple of auxiliary programs running. Not to mention iTunes. My as of yet unnamed Mac just plugs away without anything eventful happening. I am loving the peace.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Merged similar threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I've named too many machines, this one is simply mikeMbp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.