• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What have you been playing lately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm so bored of my games lately.. Just recently picked up the original Unreal Tournament for OS X, Sim City 4 for OS X, and Fallout 2 for OS X.

Sim City 4 is much more complex than what I'm used to, but still fun, nonetheless. Unreal Tournament.. Well, that game just rules.

Fallout 2.. Reminds me a lot of "Crusader: No Remorse," for any of you who have played that. A very in-depth RPG with lots to do. The graphics aren't that great, but the game is fairly old too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I'm playing Fallout 3 right now. Haven't played the first or second.
There are things about 3 that really screams out to me "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" but overall, the game is fun.

I'm planning to get a PS3 during January so I can finally pick up MGS4 and Little Big Planet.

I did play Farcry 2 a little bit. But there were a couple of game design choices that really took me out of the immersion. They were bad to the point where I just didn't want to play it anymore, which is sad because the Dunia engine is very impressive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'm playing WoW. I've been playing it for awhile. I play on the realm Maiev with my 60 Tauren Shaman (just dinged today). That's it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm playing Fallout 3 right now. Haven't played the first or second.
There are things about 3 that really screams out to me "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" but overall, the game is fun.

I'm planning to get a PS3 during January so I can finally pick up MGS4 and Little Big Planet.

I did play Farcry 2 a little bit. But there were a couple of game design choices that really took me out of the immersion. They were bad to the point where I just didn't want to play it anymore, which is sad because the Dunia engine is very impressive.

That's because Fallout3 is a post-nuclear apocalyptic version of Oblivion :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
My friend gave me an early Xmas present, as I don't get to see her that often. She picked me up Field Commander for PSP. I've wanted this game for a while. I just started playing it, so once I get into it I'll post how it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
A participant in our lab brought me an extra copy of Final Fantasy X International the other day. Starting playing it last night, definitely some changes from the U.S. version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/ 4 GB/ 120 GB HDD/ 250 GB External HD
I have been playing Civilization IV. It's not new or anything but has been one of my favorite games for a while...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Saints Row 2 mostly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Saints Row 2 mostly.

How is it? Compared to the original? I just beat it again (the original) for about the 9th time.. I never get sick of this game. Can you actually fly around in aircraft? Are there motorcycles? Can you contrast the 2 for me?

I'm debating what my next x360 game will be among Fable 2, Fallout3, Gears of War 2, Mercenaries 2, Left4Dead, and Saints Row 2

As for Field Commander, this game is insanely addicting. If any one has played Super Conflict on the SNES, its' very similar to that, in terms of turn-based strategy. That, combined with the fact you can only move each type of unit so far on the map, and taking over "cities" and whatnot. Totally fun, I'd recommend it to any one who's looking for a really good PSP strategy game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Playing CoD: World At War. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
How is it? Compared to the original? I just beat it again (the original) for about the 9th time.. I never get sick of this game. Can you actually fly around in aircraft? Are there motorcycles? Can you contrast the 2 for me?

I'm debating what my next x360 game will be among Fable 2, Fallout3, Gears of War 2, Mercenaries 2, Left4Dead, and Saints Row 2

As for Field Commander, this game is insanely addicting. If any one has played Super Conflict on the SNES, its' very similar to that, in terms of turn-based strategy. That, combined with the fact you can only move each type of unit so far on the map, and taking over "cities" and whatnot. Totally fun, I'd recommend it to any one who's looking for a really good PSP strategy game.

Fable 2 - not that great
GOW 2 - heard really good things about
Left4Dead - heard really good things about
Fallout 3 - heard really good things about

At least, that is what the players' consensus in my lab is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah, the first GoW was awesome, that's a game I can beat over and over and not get sick of (like CoD4)

The first Fable was fun, and I enjoyed it, actually playing it a 2nd time thru to get all the side-quests and make my character super powerful.

Left4Dead, I've been following since it was announced a few years ago, I love zombies, and it's about time some one made a FPS relating to killing hoards of zombies.

I just got Fallout 2 for OS X, and it's a lot different compared to FO3.. FO3 reminds me of Oblivion in a huge way, so I'm looking forward to the huge, open-ended-ness of the game.

Reaction score
i'm waiting for the GTA IV PC version that i obviously will play in my bootcamp vista. i was wondering how well my c2d 2.33 MBP with 3G ram and radeon x1600 256MB will run the game. :Grimmace:

the only thing not meeting the official minimum requirement is the VGA of my MBP against 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900.
is it a big difference between x1600 and x1900?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I've been playing Halo 3 and Rockband 2 a lot lately.

I used to have Forza 2, traded it for $10 and a hamburger, and now I really want it again.

I wish I wasn't hungry so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
at the moment i flip between a lil gta 4 on xbox live or battlefield bad company i think it is very under-rated the COD series gets alot more press and praise but i much prefer Bad Company, i think it is the nature of the game it is a battlefield rather than just a FPS shoot each player more tactical i think, COD is more fastest to the trigger..... i have seen however that COD 5 looks a bit more like this too.... but im sure by the time i buy it will be old news as well... if anyone wants my gametag it is Ras Selassie I

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Just got done with the Gears of War 2 single player. I am going to pick up the new COD tonight. Those and NHL09 will keep me busy this winter. All on the 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I got to play a little bit of Mirror's Edge today from one of my participants. Definitely going to pick that one up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Field Commander has pretty mch taken over my life.. It's so freakin' addicting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
Resistance 2 not what i thought it to be...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.