• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What have you been playing lately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MacBook
I just got 3 games for nintendo DS for my birthday. I just need to find the DS now....

Been rocking out to some guitar hero (ps2), singstar 80s and 90s (ps2), american idol (wii), Rayman (wii) and deka sports (wii).

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I just got 3 games for nintendo DS for my birthday. I just need to find the DS now....

Been rocking out to some guitar hero (ps2), singstar 80s and 90s (ps2), american idol (wii), Rayman (wii) and deka sports (wii).

Wow just wow, that sounds like me. I buy stuff and then I forget where I put them all. My studio is a mess paper everywhere...I'll find my PSP one of these days...>_<"

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
played lots of pixel junk monsters (a really great version of a tower defense game from PSN) this last week, also recently downloaded burnout paradise city with the motorcycle expansion from PSN - nice game but i really miss the crash junctions from B3.
and i downloaded linger in shadows, which is not so much of a game as an experience, very interesting and only a couple bucks on PSN - recommended to anyone who liked ico or shadow of the colossus.

got back into oblivion recently too. kind of in anticipation of fallout 3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
World of Warcraft also Warhammer, i installed Vista on my mac and The game runs awesome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I started playing EVE online this weekend, my first MMO experience. Besides that the normal assortment of RPG's on the consoles: Persona 3, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect (for about the 6th time), etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I've never been one for console FPS's but Halo 3 is starting to grow on me. Except for the forced 4:3 on my widescreen TV when playing in split screen. Every time I think about it, it infuriates me

Those stupid 1" thick black boxes on either side of the screen annoy me. Stupid Microsoft. :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 on Xbox Live

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I started playing EVE online this weekend, my first MMO experience. Besides that the normal assortment of RPG's on the consoles: Persona 3, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect (for about the 6th time), etc.

Me too. EVE is just crazy but I am just not a MMO player. It is all about battlefield for me and always will be. I just hate 2142 it has nothing on BF2!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
On my Mac? Quake 2/3 and Diablo II

Xbox 360: Frontline: Fuels of War, despite beating it in a few hours, it's still fun to play. Haven't really had any cash to buy new games.

I want to play Spore soooooooo badly, but I no longer have my gaming PC or a Mac that can play it :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've been playing this one game I heard about called STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl.
This game is really impressing me the more I play it.

Really? This game was complete junk IMO.. The idea was cool, but the gameplay sucked, the graphics sucked.. Bah.. I regret spending $20 on it.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
been playing a lot of little big planet (only on ps3) this week.

it is brilliant. not only is it an above average platformer, but the style, feel, ability to easily create levels using the full set of basic tools the developers used to create the whole game are all so profoundly good.

it's got a definite sim feel with the level creation, mainly in the way you can sit for hours and create and tweek and create and try your own designs. it is rarely frustrating and more often than not you can feel the big grin on your face growing larger and the moments of "aha!" that accompany the simple to learn, lifetime to master feel to the design aspect are extremely fulfilling.

based entirely on the game designer's content, my own experimentation and the videos i've seen on youtube of others' creations, i know this game is going to have huge legs.

i'm even having boat loads of fun with my four year old designing simple levels for him to run around in. we've spent an inodrdinate amount of time running around in levels mid-creation, just playing with new stuff and trying things out, with me ramping up or bringing down difficulty of various jumps and obsacles for his age and low level of skill.

it is awesome, and perhaps this game, more than any other ps3 exclusive makes me feel just a bit sad for microsoft xbox/pc fanboys who won't consider buying a ps3, ever.

Reaction score
I only have 3 games for my PS3 - College Hoops 07, Hot Shots Golf OOB, and Gran Turismo 5. I haven't even signed-up for online play.

I play Hot Shots Golf the most.

Gran Turismo is frustrating because it is just too **** difficult to drive a car with those stupid controllers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The same game I have been playing for close to 5 years. FFXI Online. >_<""

That's funny. I've been playing the same game I've been playing for the past 8-9 years. Counter Strike.

I'm not much of a gamer, but I'll open that one every once in a while to scratch my gaming itch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
ijji Soldier Front
Softnyx's GunBound World Champion
Counter Strike: Condition Zero

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
WoW

Can't stop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
Gears of War 2.....finished it about a week after I got it and now I'm hopelessly addicted to Horde. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Lately, I've been playing the heck out of the original Saint's Row.. I love this game.. I beat the entire storyline in about 19 seconds short of 15 hours of play-time.

Just working on the extra activities. I love this game. Better than any GTA game by far. Well, I havent' played GTA4 yet, but if it's anything like how buggy/glitchy San Andreas was, I won't be impressed.

I've been digging Evo: Search for Gaia, Sim City, and Super Conflict for SNES.

Lately I've been into the strategy/build up from scratch-typed games lately.

I want Field Commander for PSP so badly, but I can't find copies anywhere!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I've been playing a lot of Supreme Commander lately. Left 4 Dead just came out, it's pretty entertaining for a quick game with friends.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
still playing little big planet... a lot. the creation aspect is so much more fulfilling than the sims or sim city (which i love).

i published my first level last night and couldn't wait to see people try the level and give feedback. i've also been playing some of the other user created levels and it's been really interesting seeing the results of how other people use the same toolset.

if any PS3 owners want to check out my level, look for:
"Leo's farm" by sideshoweric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
on the PS3:
Oblivion, Guitar Hero World Tour, Silent Hill Homecoming

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.