The Saddest Day of my iPhone life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
the damage was his fault and some members didnt like that he was tryin ta get his jPhone replaced for free (i think maybe some of the posts have been deleted).

ahhh I agree with that.....

btw sorry for the imature statement earlier... sometimes I confuse these boards with my gaming boards....

OP
ambivalent
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
haha i didnt tell them anything, they didnt even ask.

I may have said it just started randonly happening.

When you get a replaced iphone it isn't a refurb, btw, I was clear to ask that.

and no, they DON'T float!

edit: oh, well shoot. Now I feel bad that guy didn't too much love, but. I guess it'd be different if i was asking for advice about what to do with my water-logged iPhone.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
That's a great story! You're very brave going into a Pharmacy bathroom, usually they're so bad even guys have to hover...

OP
ambivalent
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
That's a great story! You're very brave going into a Pharmacy bathroom, usually they're so bad even guys have to hover...

you don't even know, and NOT in a nice part of town. like, have to get the key because people abuse the bathroom to shoot up...

and i put my hand in it.....

*shudders*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I was planning on getting a refurb iPhone, but now that I know there's a toilet water iPhone "floating" about, I'm not sure if I want to risk getting yours! :Grimmace: ;P
Eeeew!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
you don't even know, and NOT in a nice part of town. like, have to get the key because people abuse the bathroom to shoot up...

and i put my hand in it.....

*shudders*

Regardless of what anybody else says, that definitely earns you a new iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
i like how you are applauded and this guy is a criminal.

I thought you were going to link to the thread about the kid who had his Macbook keyboard replaced because he spilled water on it. There were like 4+ pages of people going off on him.

As seen here: Spill Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
i had to cook some story up....

Or am I better off calling AT&T, getting insurance on it, and in a week saying it was stolen or something?
They made a bit more of the fact that they weren't (going to be) honest. She went straight to the store for help, crying, omitting the disgusting truth. Slight difference in intent?!

F

Fallooza

I thought you were going to link to the thread about the kid who had his Macbook keyboard replaced because he spilled water on it. There were like 4+ pages of people going off on him.

As seen here: Spill Thread

...you know what i think that was the one i wanted. well done chap *virtual high five*

F

Fallooza

They made a bit more of the fact that they weren't (going to be) honest. She went straight to the store for help, crying, omitting the disgusting truth. Slight difference in intent?!

...the way i see it... that dude needed advise on bein a con...she knew exactly what ta do... (just kiddin, just kiddin. we all know its cus he is a dude, and she looks cute with glasses)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Apple usually has a period where they instruct retailers to exchange most if not all returns of a product, simply to work out common defects and the like.

For a while after their introduction all 1st gen iPod videos were being accepted for returns, even if the damage was not covered by the regular warranty.

I'd imagine they're doing the same with the iPhone at the moment. There have been a few reports of people with smashed (dropped) iPhones getting replacements with no hassle as well.

So don't feel bad - you're helping Apple make the next gen iPhone toilet-proof!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook: C2D 2.0GHz, 1Gb Ram, 120 Gb HD - 60Gb Video Ipod - One of those new fangled phones
Gorgeous!

Not the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
when you buy a new phone in the UK, you're always offered insurance... it works out at about $5 a month... it's usually quite a good idea for something expensive like a modern mobile...

however - naturally (insurance company employees may blush now) - the companies try everything to wriggle out of their responsibilities...

for instance, several years ago I had a (very old and skanky) car broken into overnight and the one item of value inside was my mobile... it vanished, natch

ring ring... hello? Insurance company? My phone's been stolen from my car overnight...
was it stolen from a locked glove-box?...
no, my car does not have a lock on the glove-box...
check your small (microscopic!) print, we only cover theft from locked glove-boxes or boots (trunks)
click

so, insured phone, genuinely stolen from locked car in well-lit, 'safe' street - no replacement

my friend was so incensed by this injustice that, without telling me, he called his own insurance company, told them he'd left his phone on the roof of his car at a gas station and driven off, only realising his mistake hours and several hundred miles later - a new phone was delivered to him the next day.

he presented me with it the following morning!

OK, so it was a Motorola, but justice was SEEN to have been done!

OP
ambivalent
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
MAN.
Im sad about my first iPhone... I wish i never dropped it in that toilet!
The replacement I got ended up dropping calls 1-2 times a day by locking around 15 seconds into the call. It was ridiculous. But I went to the genius bar tonight and they just gave me a new one, again. (of course I had restored and updated and nothing helped)

But activation is down... which is inconvenient. Sigh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
If I ever get an iPhone, that is definitely the case to get. I hate the ones that make it look super bulky, and screen protector is the way to go. Thanks for the links, and sorry about having to reach your hand into you know where.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Sorry to hear about your continued iPhone misfortune! I hope the new, new one works out better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.