• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Teenagers Are Being Led Astray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Ron Paul

Raul Pauls website.

He is basically a classic conservative, but not a modern republican by any means. VERY anti war. Very anti government. Very against high taxes. Very against public health care (He is a doctor) And wants nothing to do with the taking away of anyones rights. He also believes that our military forces shouldn't be anywhere except in our own country. For more on his stances political stances, you can refer to this page on his website for his own claims.

Ron Paul said:
H.R. 3216 would authorize the president to issue letters of marque and reprisal, naming private sources who can capture or kill our enemies. This method works in conjunction with our military efforts, creating an incentive for people on the ground close to bin Laden to kill or capture him and his associates. Letters of marque are especially suited to fight against individuals who can melt into the civilian population or hide in remote areas.
You support a candidate that would reintroduce letters of the marque?

Reaction score
Well, I dont know about support him. But he asked who he was. So I told him what I knew, informed Wolfbane about him, and sited my sources. As far as support, well I dont know if I did quite that. (Even though the youtube video was very supportive)

As far as the letters, I know what they are, but I really dont know quite enough about them to really know what kind of impact that would be. Maybe its my time to learn?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You support a candidate that would reintroduce letters of the marque?

I'd be all for that. My first act after he was elected would be to buy a nice yacht and apply for one! One good cruise and it's paid for!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Baggss for President!!

Wouldn't the fact that there would be a major competitor (the government) of private health care drive prices downwards and make those businesses strive for better care for their customers? Maybe I am wrong?
You'd think so, but my rather brief experience with socialized medicine pretty much proved to be a lesson in inefficiency and waste.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Wow... I never expected this thread to expand this fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.