Speed-up App does not work in Monterey - need replacement

OP
K
Reaction score
Well, your post got me thinking. I have avoided podcasts for much the same reason I avoid YouTube videos--slower than reading.

But there are a lot of great podcasts. If I could only speed them up, even if they ended up sounding like Alvin.

I use High Sierra. Anybody know of a speed-up for sound & video?

P.S. I fon't use iTunes or QuickTime but might be willing to if they serve this purpose!
Well, your post got me thinking. I have avoided podcasts for much the same reason I avoid YouTube videos--slower than reading.

But there are a lot of great podcasts. If I could only speed them up, even if they ended up sounding like Alvin.

I use High Sierra. Anybody know of a speed-up for sound & video?

P.S. I fon't use iTunes or QuickTime but might be willing to if they serve this purpose!

YES! I have the perfect solution for you, unblocktheplanet: Video Speed Controller (Chrome Extension)

Once I installed this on my computer, it shows up on just about every single video whether in YouTube, Vimeo or elsewhere and allows me to increase or decrease the speed of both audio and video. It works perfectly and I get through videos in half the time that I normally would. Listening to a video at regular speed now is excruciatingly slow! It can be changed on the fly and has granular levels of adjustment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.