• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

scariest film

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I think the reason why scary movies don't scare me anymore is because of the special effects. You can make something look 'scary' using computer enhanced whatever mumbo jumbo, but it will always look 'artificial'. Like you know it was done by computers.
Thats why the Exorcist is one of my favorite movies of all time, even though I'm not a horror fan. They didn't use computer enhanced imaging or whatnot. The sequences in that movie looked 'real'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD
I liked Exorcism of Emily Rose, because it is based on TRUE accounts. That's prolly why movies just don't really scare me, nightmares or while watching, I know its not real. If I had seen her do some of that stuff walking by on the street, I'd fricken run. *shudders*

Event Horizon...I didn't find it scary but a darn good movie.

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I liked Exorcism of Emily Rose, because it is based on TRUE accounts. That's prolly why movies just don't really scare me, nightmares or while watching, I know its not real. If I had seen her do some of that stuff walking by on the street, I'd fricken run. *shudders*

Event Horizon...I didn't find it scary but a darn good movie.

Exorcism of emily rose :D
scared me afterwards
especially after that line saying you can only become possessed etc at 3am
i slept with the lights on for the next few nights!!!
I would make it an 18 as well tbh, 15 is a bit low but i guess its the content within the film i.e the violence is low etc
and language is tame whereas the exorcist was reviewed years ago and the language is pretty vulgare.

also found this amusing clip
what do you think of it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That was funny...lol....what a dirty mouth she has. And I'm not refering to the green puke. I've actually never seen the Exorcist. :bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I don't find movies scary anymore. At more they are gruesome, but that's about it.

Reaction score
I don't find movies scary anymore. At more they are gruesome, but that's about it.

or predictable .... I'm referring to the horror movie where it's at the end and the evil monster/person etc has been totally defeated beyond all recovery, and everyone's comforting the victim or the victim is recovering from almost being owned by the aforementioned monstrosity, you finally relax totally and feel good and think that the movie has all but ended ..... but then .........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
or predictable .... I'm referring to the horror movie where it's at the end and the evil monster/person etc has been totally defeated beyond all recovery, and everyone's comforting the victim or the victim is recovering from almost being owned by the aforementioned monstrosity, you finally relax totally and feel good and think that the movie has all but ended ..... but then .........

I know exactly how you feel, but I'm one of those that will sit thru and watch a lot of crap to find something really good.

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
predictable... i wernt expecting the priest to jump out the window in the exorcist lol

but many films i have found to be far to predictable such as the nightmare on elm street series

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.