• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

scariest film

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
are you serious?
i laughed so hard when i saw that trailer, its so unrealistic.

Of course I was joking... It looks like a lot of fun:D :D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
seeing 28 days later in the theater scared the poop out of me.

Reaction score
The Omen. But only the first movie. And only the 70's version.

Reaction score
When I was a kid there wasn't any ratings on movies. Friday night was family drive-in night and I was dragged along to all the classics, Exorcist, Omen, Shining etc. Pretty scary when you're still a kid.

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

I didnt find that film scary
zombies dont really do it for me
also having the actor who plays dr who just made it funny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That movie really angered me.
Absolutely no credit whatsoever was given to the rightful author of that film, Richard Matheson. The story was originally called "I Am Legend" and was released in the 1950's. They made it into a movie in the 60's called "The Last Man on Earth" and then again in the 1970's when it was called, "The Omega Man".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I aint a horror film type of guy, but I do have to say my favorite film was the Exorcist. I remember watching it as a little child and it stuck with me for a while. Now, I don't think it's scary because I've seen it a whole bunch of times, but I think it is one of the best movies made in my opinion.

Now I know these aren't really considered 'horror' but I like them nonetheless.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281686/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365748/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I don't watch many scary movies. I can count the amount I have seen on one hand. The last one I saw was The Ring...so yeah it has been a while. The whole time I was watching it, I was making jokes about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Anyone in the UK remember a Hallowe'en TV one-off called "Ghostwatch"?

I can't think of a film that has genuinely scared me (Although the Shining is one of my favourites) but I was pretty young when this was broadcast and can honestly say it messed me up a little. I bought it on DVD a few years back and it is very cheesy when I watch it now but I think the combination of reputable presenters and the documentary feel of it really worked for me then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I don't watch many scary movies. I can count the amount I have seen on one hand. The last one I saw was The Ring...so yeah it has been a while. The whole time I was watching it, I was making jokes about it.
That is the best way to watch bad movies like The Ring. Just make fun of the crapper and then it is a little more bearable.
Anyone who has ever seen the TV show "Mystery Science Theater 3000" can enjoy that. And even though the show is cancelled, you can still get your fix by going to www.rifftrax.com and have all the fun that MST3K had... and more.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I took this one girl out to see The Grudge and what a let down that was. I was hoping to get her scared and we both laughed the majority of the movie away.

T

todd51

I took this one girl out to see The Grudge and what a let down that was. I was hoping to get her scared and we both laughed the majority of the movie away.

Yea I saw that at a drive-in...pretty disappointing. The last movies that I can remember that made my hair stand on end was Signs.:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
The last movies that I can remember that made my hair stand on end was Signs.:eek:

That's almost verbatim what I said after I finished watching The Grudge. Great minds think alike.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, there aren't too many movies out that that really "scare" me...a lot of them are just quite disgusting.

That seems to be the goal of modern horror movies. Saw wasn't a bit frightening, it seemed like it was aimed less at scaring you and more at just making you sick. It also seems that most modern horror movies are almost interchangeable. For instance, The Ring and The Grudge had the same 'feel' to them.

T

todd51

That seems to be the goal of modern horror movies. Saw wasn't a bit frightening, it seemed like it was aimed less at scaring you and more at just making you sick. It also seems that most modern horror movies are almost interchangeable. For instance, The Ring and The Grudge had the same 'feel' to them.

Yea, a lot of movies have to throw in a creepy little girl with long dark hair, haha.

Reaction score
If I think about it, I found Saw and Saw 2 pretty scary, but more of the fear to see grisly violence, rather than "real" fear. Nowadays movies don't induce real fear anymore, you just need to severe some body parts in clever ways, like rip the head in two with a steel wire or smash a set of teeth on the sidewalk and you have your "horror movie".

Sorry if I've induced any painful images with this post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.