• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Playstation Network Friends

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
i totally need to get a cordless usb keyboard.

ooh, I have an extra one sittin' around somewhere

anyone know if that would that let you play with the keyboard instead of the controller? that'd be cool!

Reaction score
I thought the same thing so I plugged in my mouse and keyboard and it did nothing maybe some games support them just not the ones I have. Maybe we could all get the lost planet multiplayer demo and play online together since I'm playing Burnout and COD4 at the moment which you guys aren't playing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I only own Burnout. Nirvana, lemmie know when you're online. I've been playing online a lot more now that I own most of the cars.
Can't wait till GT5 Prologue. I have the release date set on my iPhone so don't forget. GTA5 comes out a few days later!

Reaction score
Will do, I will be on most of the day and tonight since i've bruised my ribs and can't do much but laze around. Haven't played Burnout for a few weeks so i will catch up on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Get some practice and work on that crazy game face of yours Nirvana cause you're going down tonight. :p

I have to work but I should be able to make it online tonight around 7 CST.

Reaction score
Haha I don't need practice I'm king of the road! I thought you were on my friends list on the playstation but i couldn't see you so i added you. If I'm not online when you get back from work hit me up on AIM, my screen name is in my profile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I also bought a PS3 over the weekend... same day as you actually eric. :D

My ID is: JaredRide

I am currently playing COD4 and skate.
I am thinking about getting a sports game maybe NBA2k8 or Madden 08 or Tiger Woods 08... any recommendations on those? Anyone know when Madden 09 is released?

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I'm playing:

MotorStorm
Nascar 08
Blazing Angel
The Simpsons Game Demo
Prostreet Demo
Ridge Racer Demo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i totally need to get a cordless usb keyboard.

I thought you have the diNovo Edge? Maybe that's Kash? If you don't own one, I highly recommend one. It doubles as my Front Row remote or when I am too lazy to get outta bed, I switch to my main monitor to my TV and surf from there. It works great with Leopard. Perfect for a tech guy like yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
PSN: SlickShoes

Im currently playing Guitar Hero 3 and Everybodys Golf Demo.

I am looking forward to LOST the game which i should get tomorrow, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Everybodys Golf World Tour, GT5 Prologue all in the next month and theres more after that but thats in the future!

I have COD4 aswell but im kind of fed up with it, prefer rainbow six more tactical approach!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have been checking out Gran Turismo Prologue... Oh my!!! THAT game looks to be amazing!!! And yet still just a "prologue"...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I have been checking out Gran Turismo Prologue... Oh my!!! THAT game looks to be amazing!!! And yet still just a "prologue"...

Im really looking forward to it, a few folk on my friends list are already playing the Jap version which would be tempting if it wasnt all in japanese lol

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
re: gt5 - looks like we may have a nice little community right here once it comes out. :)

i really can't wait. i've been "racing" online since gt1 - via posting lap times and such on sites like granturismo.com (now defunct) granturismo by the numbers, and granturismox.net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
re: gt5 - looks like we may have a nice little community right here once it comes out. :)

i really can't wait. i've been "racing" online since gt1 - via posting lap times and such on sites like granturismo.com (now defunct) granturismo by the numbers, and granturismox.net.

Yes! I am really looking forward to it.

I have a question for you eric... Do you use a steering wheel controller to race, or just the standard console controller?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i've always used an analog controller (and manual transmission).

setup: left stick steer, right stick gas/brakes, r1 upshift, r2 downshift, l1 look behind, l2 ebrake - in the rare moments i might need reverse, i think it's triangle. ;P

i know some people who were very fast with the digital controls only...

i would use a wheel, i just have no place for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because it's still a simulation, I cannot use a car manually. In real life, I can shift w/o a problem quickly because I can judge my speed and listen to the engine hit the red line. I just don't hear it in GT.
I recently bought the GT4 wheel. You really need the setup to make it work. Putting it on a desk or table is painful on the feet and back. I am not enough of a GT freak to purchase one of the $200 kits with the chair and pedastals for the wheel and pedals. I am still more comfortable with the controller.
I've been playing hardcore since GT1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I am (will be) a total newb on GT.. I hope to be able to spank a few of you eventually :p

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What's your guy's handicap usually? The points awarded when you win a race?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it varies depending on the style of race, and whether i start first or sixth (in sprints). i'm not sure what the highest was. i regularly win races earning between 1 and 100 pts. though sometimes i can struggle with races that may only offer 10-20 pts, and have an easy time with a race that earns me 150-200 pts.

and i'm actually having some difficulty even finishing a 1 pt race on the hard grand canyon race... for some reason i just can not get the rhythm of that track down.

does anyone have a track that they simply blow away the competition no matter what the challenge is?

i tend to do incredibly well at midfield and fuji (any iteration).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.