Pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
OT and just wondering and no offence, but I was wondering how and why mukund gets labled Well-known member in his account profile, especially considering his recent joining date:
mukund
Joined Apr 18, 2020

Odd that he gets labelled the same as pigoo3... definitely a Well-known member and Admin member... ???

Just curious and wondering... :D

- Patrick
=======
I think this question would be better for the Welcome to the New Mac-Forums thread, or the How To Do This thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I think this question would be better for the Welcome to the New Mac-Forums thread, or the How To Do This thread

I'll let the admins move it if they like, I just thought it would be easier to see the situation in place so to speak where the profile and information are showing already.

Sorry for any inconvenience...

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I'll let the admins move it if they like, I just thought it would be easier to see the situation in place so to speak where the profile and information are showing already.

Sorry for any inconvenience...

- Patrick
=======
It wasn't an inconvenience. I actually think it is a very good question.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We are working with the "Profile" labels. Stay tuned.

You may have already noticed that "OneMoreThing" is no longer a Moderator but now has the correct profile: "Forum Bot".

Thanks for your patience.

Charlie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It wasn't an inconvenience. I actually think it is a very good question.

Well Bob, at least they have us accurately and well described as Senior Members.

Actually, I'm surprised they don't have me labelled as the Old Curmudgeon. :D

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You may have already noticed that "OneMoreThing" is no longer a Moderator but now has the correct profile: "Forum Bot".

:app :giggle
How fitting...

- Patrick
=======

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (2012), OSX 10.13 High Sierra
Hey guys
you can label me “newbie” because that’s what I am.

perhaps the Admin labeled me a “well known member”, because I am a buddy of Trudeau, Macron, Angela, and the like :) or maybe just my personality, or maybe my age: three score and fifteen!!

well you know something, you guys in this forum have been so patient and helpful, I really don’t care a s*** what you label me, as long as you don’t boot me out.
no offense meant to anyone, just a little levity.

but now I have your attention is there a 101 for switchers who join this forum, so that we can navigate our way through this maze.
thanks in advance

stay safe
Cheers

mukund

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and the like :) or maybe just my personality, or maybe my age: three score and fifteen!!

I think you may have just snuck in under the minimum age limit for Mac newbies. There seems to be a fair number of us old seniors here. :D

And BTW, welcome to the forums and I would say that you seem to be doing very well here and my apologies if I sidetracked your thread with an off-topic comment.

- Patrick
=======

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think you may have just snuck in under the minimum age limit for Mac newbies. There seems to be a fair number of us old seniors here. :D

And BTW, welcome to the forums and I would say that you seem to be doing very well here and my apologies if I sidetracked your thread with an off-topic comment.

- Patrick
=======
Patrick,
I appreciate your warm welcome, thanks.
Nice to know that I’m the babe among a host of doddering but brilliant Mac champions ?

PLEASE can someone tell me a step By step procedure of How to select the topic/category when u wish to post a new message.
thanks in eager anticipation of someone belling the cat
??
Mukund
PS. Any of these are also like Navy Veterans, like I am ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Navy Vet here. Getting into the right forum is pretty straightforward. At the top of the site is a menu bar with "Forums" on it. Click on that and all the forums are visible. In each forum are threads, which are started by an original post and then the rest are replies. So, to find the right forum, look over the forums, which have names that describes what they are about. For example, under "MacOS" there are five forums, macOS - Operating System, macOS - Desktop Hardware, macOS Notebook Hardware, macOS - Apps and programs, and Running Windows on your Mac.

So you pick the forum most likely to cover your issue, then open the Forum and you will see all of the threads that already exist. To create a new thread with a new issue, just start typing in the top box where there is a faint "Thread title" prompt. That will start a new thread for you.

I think that covers it, but maybe one of the Mods will come along and add anything I left out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To create a new thread with a new issue, just start typing in the top box where there is a faint "Thread title" prompt.

And if I dare say so, if it was any fainter, it would be almost impossible for some of us with poor eyesight to even see. :rolleyes:

- Patrick
=======

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Navy Vet here. Getting into the right forum is pretty straightforward. At the top of the site is a menu bar with "Forums" on it. Click on that and all the forums are visible. In each forum are threads, which are started by an original post and then the rest are replies. So, to find the right forum, look over the forums, which have names that describes what they are about. For example, under "MacOS" there are five forums, macOS - Operating System, macOS - Desktop Hardware, macOS Notebook Hardware, macOS - Apps and programs, and Running Windows on your Mac.

So you pick the forum most likely to cover your issue, then open the Forum and you will see all of the threads that already exist. To create a new thread with a new issue, just start typing in the top box where there is a faint "Thread title" prompt. That will start a new thread for you.

I think that covers it, but maybe one of the Mods will come along and add anything I left out.

Hi Jake,
Many thanks for this help. ??

Am delighted to know that you are a Navy Vet, AND I can see you were also Carrier borne. Was that as a pilot?

I spent five years on our Carrier R11, INS Vikrant. 2.5 as avionics officer of the FGA Sea Hawk squadron, followed by 2.5 as avionics 2nd line backup for the Alizé maritime recce, the Alouette SAR choppers, as well as the Sea Hawk squadrons. That was a while back, 1968-1972. The Vikrant was in the thick of the war, in the Bay of Bengal, for liberating Bangladesh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was a Bombardier/Navigator in A-6 Intruders. But I did serve on an exchange tour to the Royal Navy, flying Buccaneers off of HMS Ark Royal so I am familiar with Sea Hawks as well. Navy guys need to stick together--we all speak the same language.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was a Bombardier/Navigator in A-6 Intruders. But I did serve on an exchange tour to the Royal Navy, flying Buccaneers off of HMS Ark Royal so I am familiar with Sea Hawks as well. Navy guys need to stick together--we all speak the same language.
Wow. That’s terrific.
You must have been top of the line to be chosen for the exchange program.
In 1977, we had a USN officer doing the Staff Course with us. He was my buddy and we got very friendly. Later, in 1988, we visited Norfolk and spent an evening together. He was a ‘Surface’ Officer, Lt Cdr Stan Mate.
Is there any way I can trace his whereabouts?
Spent my last five years in Warship Design and retired prematurely as a Commander in 1982. Spent 17 yrs in the Gulf. Since 2008 am involved in pro bono work teaching children in NGOs and schools ?
Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I was picked for the exchange because I was there. :) But it was fun.

I also retired as a Commander, but in 1987. Had to move on to be able to pay for my daughter's college expenses.

As for finding LCDR Mate, about all I can suggest is searching for him with any internet search engine. Because of the privacy laws in the US, not much can be revealed about individuals. But if he's got anything going on the internet, a search may find him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.