• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MB and MBP... Interesting Info

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Compusa is closing no? all by my house they are

They're closing down approximately 50% of their stores... leaving about 100. This is also part of the reason Apple is pushing Mac's into over 200 BB stores (there are +800 stores worldwide), from about 50 at the beginning of the year. This in turn is hurting CompUSA's customer confidence even more, with Apple's evident display of putting their faith in BB, and slowing stepping away from CompUSA.

Bentley, I do hope you're not on that list.

As far as whose info is correct... I guess only time will tell! I dare to lean towards the the company that is expanding their Apple assortment, not downsizing it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I think you misunderstood. The whole line of Macbook's and Macbook Pro's is discontinued in the system. We are no longer receiving new units of the current models, for display or any other purpose. It's got absolutely nothing to do with bringing in new display models.

I disagree, I am pretty certain that a hardware update is near. ;D

NotLocust, I'll try and get back to you on that.

oh. yh i did sorry :Blushing:

well in that case its interesting. update us when you get more info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
Crap this is making me worry about buying my macbook now. I can either buy one now, or wait a month so see if new ones are coming out. And even if there are new ones they might be too expensive for my budget.

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
And even if there are new ones they might be too expensive for my budget.

I highly doubt any new models will be more costly than the current ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I highly doubt any new models will be more costly than the current ones.

I concur. Maybe a slight increase to match inflation, but nothing drastic.

Reaction score
Crap this is making me worry about buying my macbook now. I can either buy one now, or wait a month so see if new ones are coming out. And even if there are new ones they might be too expensive for my budget.

WWDC is not that far away, if you can cope that long it might be worth the wait. There were some rumors of a mid level laptop with a 15" screen and a mid level price.

Reaction score
They're closing down approximately 50% of their stores... leaving about 100. This is also part of the reason Apple is pushing Mac's into over 200 BB stores (there are +800 stores worldwide), from about 50 at the beginning of the year. This in turn is hurting CompUSA's customer confidence even more, with Apple's evident display of putting their faith in BB, and slowing stepping away from CompUSA.

Bentley, I do hope you're not on that list.

As far as whose info is correct... I guess only time will tell! I dare to lean towards the the company that is expanding their Apple assortment, not downsizing it...

Our store isn't closing. The thing about our store the closest BB is at least an hour away, and I don't see Apple slowly moving away from Comp, we constantly sellout of Macs and we always get new Mac products, Apple TV, Airport and we are getting the iPhone too we even have a Apple rep at our store.

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
I don't see Apple slowly moving away from Comp, we constantly sellout of Macs and we always get new Mac products, Apple TV, Airport and we are getting the iPhone too we even have a Apple rep at our store.

By saying Apple is moving away from Comp, I didn't mean it in the sense that they are breaking the partnership and ceasing to provide Comp with products. I meant, in a type of market sense, Apple is spreading out their basket, putting the majority of their "external retail eggs" into BB now, a title previously held by Comp. This in its own unsaid, but very purposeful, way moves Apple away from Comp.

I don't think Comp has the company personality Apple should be related to anymore. They are not changing with the times, a complete contradiction to Apple's claim to innovative fame. I think the tech sector is one of the best present-day examples of Darwin's theory. If you don't evolve in this market... you die, plain and simple. The best defense in this game is prediction, being ahead of the times. Why is Bill Gates the richest man in the world? Because he saw a future, and created it. If a market didn't exist, he chose the right people, chose a product that was needed, and had those people create that product. When he wanted to make CD-ROMS mainstream in consumer PC's, but computer manufacturers didn't want to because there was no software... he created the software! What does that have to do with Comp? I guess I'm just disappointed that I haven't seen them make any efforts in a world of change.

Anyways, lol, excuse the long-winded post... but you get the point...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WWDC is not that far away, if you can cope that long it might be worth the wait. There were some rumors of a mid level laptop with a 15" screen and a mid level price.

If I buy a macbook now would I be able to return it if a better one comes out becuase of the wwdc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
@flilow06,

Did your workplace sell a lot of units? Was it a successful product? If it was, I say refresh coming. If not, well, you know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
nope, wait till next week

Doesn't Apple have a 30 day policy? That if a newer model of the product you purchase comes out within 30 after purchasing yours, they can replace it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I believe they do, but not 30 days I think its 2 weeks only!

I honestly don't see the point of apple pushing any new products untill Leopard is released or that will mean more work and more RnD money spent from their end. Believe me I work with GE and they meausre every upgrade to any line of any product by the cent.

Plus it won't make sense for the consumer to buy a new mac in june-September if they are gonna get a different hardware config then a month or so latter Leopard will be released and they will dish extra money to get that upgrade.

It just doesn't make good sense from Marketing stand point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

I honestly don't see the point of apple pushing any new products untill Leopard is released or that will mean more work and more RnD money spent from their end. Believe me I work with GE and they meausre every upgrade to any line of any product by the cent.

Plus it won't make sense for the consumer to buy a new mac in june-September if they are gonna get a different hardware config then a month or so latter Leopard will be released and they will dish extra money to get that upgrade.

I can see what you're saying, but apple isn't going to wait 5 more months to release the new and improved laptops. They've been on this iteration for 6+ months, plus just because their new OS was delayed, they aren't going to delay everything else they make.

Reaction score
By saying Apple is moving away from Comp, I didn't mean it in the sense that they are breaking the partnership and ceasing to provide Comp with products. I meant, in a type of market sense, Apple is spreading out their basket, putting the majority of their "external retail eggs" into BB now, a title previously held by Comp. This in its own unsaid, but very purposeful, way moves Apple away from Comp.

I don't think Comp has the company personality Apple should be related to anymore. They are not changing with the times, a complete contradiction to Apple's claim to innovative fame. I think the tech sector is one of the best present-day examples of Darwin's theory. If you don't evolve in this market... you die, plain and simple. The best defense in this game is prediction, being ahead of the times. Why is Bill Gates the richest man in the world? Because he saw a future, and created it. If a market didn't exist, he chose the right people, chose a product that was needed, and had those people create that product. When he wanted to make CD-ROMS mainstream in consumer PC's, but computer manufacturers didn't want to because there was no software... he created the software! What does that have to do with Comp? I guess I'm just disappointed that I haven't seen them make any efforts in a world of change.

Anyways, lol, excuse the long-winded post... but you get the point...

I don't get the point actually. I'm not just saying this because I work there but we get all of the new stuff that comes out in timely manners ie: HDTVs, Wii, Xbox360 including Elite, PS3, Windows Vista computers (the day the came out we even had a midnight launch), Apple TV, Airport, new PC titles (command and conqueror, WoW, etc), Sidekick 3, RZR, SLVR, this is just to name a few. We just sell stuff but we get everything new in the technology world that comes out and we sell a lot of it. Today I just sold 3 Macbooks the $1400 models including Apple Care in 2 of them and I just stock stuff on the shelves. Our tech shop is constantly filled with costumers (with there Dell computers). The reason why the stores closed down has nothing to do with moving with the crowd or anything its because the cost of advertising was enough for Carlos Slim (get use to the name hes 2nd richest person in the world $2 billion behind bill gates) to realize there making little to no profit so him and/or his reps simply closed them down.

Don't let me get started on BB in Cali they only pay you 8.10/hr with absolutely no commission, you would think a company that made $40 million in pure profit off unused gift cards can at least offer commission for selling warranties and such but no, this is how Walmart and BB are some of the richest retailers today, higher disposable employees for pennies and offer 2 cent discounts off suggested retail prices.

Reaction score

It's 30 days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's 30 days.

RETURN & REFUND POLICY
If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a product, please call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product. Configure-to-order, personalized or other customized product may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless DOA. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. The product must be returned to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. A 10% open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory. If you purchased your order using an Apple Business Lease, you may be asked to provide a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) for Apple to assess the 10% open box restocking fee.

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im...eturn Policy

(This was posted by Ride in another thread)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.