Macbook Air not recognizing guitar amp input

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Never tried soldering my own connections. SWMBO would probably either veto that or put emergency services on speed dial.

In fairness, my experience with sharp objects does not engender confidence for these types of tasks.

OP
P

philQT

Reaction score
Ha! You guys are real good! I hadn't considered the USB output on the amp because I thought I didn't have the cable for it.... But I actually found one in my collection. Yes, it now works! Awesome! :)

Thanks so much for all your replies!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It took a trip or two around the barn but you're up and running. Glad we got that sorted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I’ve never used an amp with usb like that, but as soon as I saw it… all that for zero dollars.

The thing is, in terms of using amp modeling, the amp likely uses similar tech to model as daw amp sims do, it’s just a fender flavor. I’ve used plenty, the UA ones are the best ones. But, I have seen pro tracks come through that used the ones in GarageBand, and was never reamped. Plugins have come a looooooong way in the past 5-10 years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.