• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
van, you're even farther behind than the old codger here
NIN is not my thing so that's probably why I didn't get it right away. On the other hand, if it had been a Zeppelin reference, I would have been all over it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
NIN is not my thing so that's probably why I didn't get it right away. On the other hand, if it had been a Zeppelin reference, I would have been all over it.

Totally going to see Zeppelin too.

Just lemme exhume John Bonham...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Van, so no more Plant in Zep? I have lost touch lately with Zep. Have been a follower since I was a child.

I would have probably gotten the NIN thing if I would have read this thread more closely but I am also not a large fan of them. I have some of their music though.

WB Tanner. How you been?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Van, so no more Plant in Zep? I have lost touch lately with Zep. Have been a follower since I was a child.
I've heard many rumors of Zeppelin getting back together with Jason Bonham on drums but every time I hear it, I always hear how Plant doesn't want to do it because he's occupied with his work with Alison Krauss. Or, take for example this Rolling Stone article - he says he's too old. I would pay good money to see one of these shows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've heard many rumors of Zeppelin getting back together with Jason Bonham on drums but every time I hear it, I always hear how Plant doesn't want to do it because he's occupied with his work with Alison Krauss. Or, take for example this Rolling Stone article - he says he's too old. I would pay good money to see one of these shows.

Zeppelin without John Bonham isn't Zeppelin.

Removing Bonham and Jones is even less Zeppelin.

I mean, look at Queen.

Take out Freddie Mercury, and you have a "meh" band.

Replace Freddie Mercury with PAUL ROGERS and you have an abomination against music in all forms.

If Zeppelin reformed for a tour/album, even with Jason Bonham on drums, it would just be cashing in on the name.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Zeppelin without John Bonham isn't Zeppelin.

Removing Bonham and Jones is even less Zeppelin.

I mean, look at Queen.

Take out Freddie Mercury, and you have a "meh" band.

Replace Freddie Mercury with PAUL ROGERS and you have an abomination against music in all forms.

If Zeppelin reformed for a tour/album, even with Jason Bonham on drums, it would just be cashing in on the name.
I agree and that's why I'm glad Zeppelin broke up after Bonham's death. I respect bands that play as a band and don't substitute members. Also, look at what happened with The Doors after Morrison's death.

I have heard that Jason is pretty good on drums. While I agree that it wouldn't be "Led Zeppelin", I would still pay to go. Page and Jones have both noted how well Jason can play (but again, not the same).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree and that's why I'm glad Zeppelin broke up after Bonham's death. I respect bands that play as a band and don't substitute members. Also, look at what happened with The Doors after Morrison's death.

I have heard that Jason is pretty good on drums. While I agree that it wouldn't be "Led Zeppelin", I would still pay to go. Page and Jones have both noted how well Jason can play (but again, not the same).

He's a good technical drummer, but he doesn't play with the same WHOMP that his dad did.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
People said the same thing about Roger Waters and Pink Floyd - and frankly, I like some of the Pink Floyd stuff that was done after Waters split better than much of the original stuff.

All bands, even the most iconic ones, evolve over time regardless of whether they have all of the same members.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I like a lot of David Gilmore's music he did with his own band after floyd also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's a difference between evolving and cashing in.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man, I am so ticked at 1-800-FLOWERS.com. Ordered two arrangements, one for my mom and one for my wife and spent about $140 between the two.

The one for my mom arrived just fine, the one for my wife didn't seem to show up. We were at home all day yesterday and never heard the doorbell ring. I figured they were running behind and would deliver this morning, but still nothing. Then, I checked my email and had one saying that both arrangements had been delivered. Opened my front door and it was nowhere to be found.

I called their CS and sat on hold for 30 minutes. Frustrated, I ended up spoiling the surprise and telling my wife all about what happened. At that point we were looking for the arrangement and found that it was knocked over and underneath something (it was windy here yesterday and today).

We never left the house yesterday, so clearly someone didn't want to take the time to ensure that we received the flowers, just dumped it on our porch.

So, after all of this, 1-800-FLOWERS tells me that they're going to redeliver, but I should call them back tomorrow to arrange it. I told them that I didn't want another delivery, the surprise and the gift were ruined, and I demanded a refund. After a couple of exchanges in email, they finally did refund that portion of the order, but still, I was basically empty handed for Mother's Day, aside from going out to eat.

Even more disappointing is that what was delivered looked NOTHING like the picture. I even ordered the "large" version, which was tiny (I guess I would have needed a magnifying glass to see the small version). It didn't even use the same basket.

I guess I'm going with FTD.com from now on.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's a difference between evolving and cashing in.

Yep, I agree - particularly in your example with Queen. No one will ever replace Freddie Mercury, if they want to continue to play together, change the name. Freddie was more than a vocalist, he WAS that band.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
ditto above. But replace band with INXS and replace singer with Michael Hutchens. (or how ever you spell it.)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
cwa, I usually google local flower shops wherever I'd need to get something delivered, then I speak directly to the florist. if it was going to be local, i'd usually make the trip myself. never had an issue that way. of course i worked in my dad's garden center/florist from age 12 to 18, so maybe it comes more natural to me ;)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yep, I agree - particularly in your example with Queen. No one will ever replace Freddie Mercury, if they want to continue to play together, change the name. Freddie was more than a vocalist, he WAS that band.

i'd disagree to a point, but i was a huge queen fanatic in my youth - queen was freddie AND brian AND john AND roger, lose any of the four and the queen is dead as they say. i actually had a bit of a hard time with queen last few albums, i liked some of the stuff, but something changed after 'a kind of magic', maybe it was freddie getting sick, who knows.

on the point about bands dying or evolving as members come and go, i'm on the fence, some can do it, some can't. i think in the case of Zeppelin, they were already starting to become less relevant, Bonham dying was in a way fortuitous for the legend of the band, since i feel if they'd continued, they would have petered out, probably worse that the Stones have.
losing a vocalist isn't always the death knoll either. look at van halen or genesis, while they were pretty different bands post Diamond Dave and Peter Gabriel (and personally i couldn't stand van haggar) the success of the secondary bands can not be denied.
it is all relative, each band will go through something different and each change will be seen differently by any given fan.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i think in the case of Zeppelin, they were already starting to become less relevant, Bonham dying was in a way fortuitous for the legend of the band, since i feel if they'd continued, they would have petered out, probably worse that the Stones have.
I was listening to In Through The Out Door today and remember why I had avoided it. In The Evening is pretty good but the rest of the album is lackluster at best (and I'm a huge Zeppelin fan). I've previously thought, much like you, that perhaps Bonham's death prevented a further decline in the music.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Browsing through my Netflix account today, checking out the Movies You'll Love area.

One section is Music and Musicals.

They had listed under 'Because You Enjoyed'
Above the Law (Seagal movie),
Under Siege 2 (another Seagal movie), and
Highlander 2: Renegade Version

Then for recommended the music was:
BeeGees: One Night Stand

Could someone explain how you get from A to B here?

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Netflix hates you maybe lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.