• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

It's only rock and roll, but we like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ipod Nano is really amazing.The camera and radio are my reason why i want to buy it.Well,when we say nano,what more people think,itunes as the widest and most known in music hobby.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
The camera doesn't do stills apparently, so I wont buy it. It's a bit rubbish that is doesn't do stills. Whoever came up with the idea that they'd only have video was a complete idiot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Anyone know how to actually get the iTunes LP content???

I actually have one of the albums shown during the demo, but no LP option. I don't see any way of downloading it. And when I type "LP" in itunes help it comes up empty.

What gives???

EDIT: did a little more research and it looks like it is an extra cost. Like the DMB album featured in the demo is normally $7.99, but with the LP content it's $19.99! No thanks!

What's even worse is I can't get it for albums I already own even though Jobs himself said, "So you bought a great album in the past. You can get that content again with iTunes LP". I guess when he said, "you can get that content again" he meant "you can buy the entire album, with songs you already own, all over again." This is almost as bad as buying ringtones of songs I already own!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
He was referring to those of us that use to buy vinyl "albums" (versus CDs) and being able to get that type of content again.

edit:

The DMB LP will not be for everyone - you only want the songs from the album - you've got 'em for a good price at $7.99.

However, you want an additional 11 songs for an additional hour worth of music, 8 videos, not to mention, cover art, lyrics for songs, liner notes, biographies that all look great on a 65" 1080P screen.

Have not purchased this one myself. Did grab Norah Jones and the Doors.
The Doors LP has added 4 songs, and over 500MB of LP extras including photos,videos, memorabilia, chronology
It is more like purchasing your music on DVD complete with menus to all the extra content.

If I already had the music from these I might not be too happy about paying for it again. But, that is the industry. The music industry is now catching up to the studios. Put out a DVD with the theatrical version, then the extended version, then the directors cut, rinse and repeat with the B-R theatrical version ...

These LPs are not going to be for everyone, nor will every LP be for those that buy LPs. Maybe something reserved only for your favorite artists. Will say that for the $1 for Norah Jones LP and the $3 extra for the Doors LP, both are very worthwhile if you don't already have the digital tracks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.