• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is this an iphone killer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Cool, thanks. We're currently on a grandfathered plan that has 400 minutes per month (we use a fraction of that) and two standard phones with no texts or data and that runs about $75 with taxes and our corporate discount.

The VZW rep said that he would grandfather us on another package that they don't offer now (current minimum package is 700 minutes and runs $10 more) for the same price. That plan is 550 minutes. They'd also add 250 texts for $10 (for both phones) and $30 for the data plan. That would bring me to a grand total of about $100 with fees and taxes, and with a 19% corporate discount. I think that seems like a pretty good deal overall.

The HTC would be $199, but I didn't ask whether I could get a second new phone for free (that one would not be a smart phone). I'll have to mention that when I call him back.

According to the rep, they're backordered on the Incredible until the 13th of this month. He said he has one and it's awesome. That seems to be the consensus of everyone I talk to.

That is a pretty good deal. Especially if you don't talk a lot of send a lot of text messages. The data is probably going to be what consumes most of it and that is going to be unlimited anyways.

Yeah the phone is back ordered online and I want to say with corporate stores too. I know we have about six devices at our store currently. Low stock still but we have them available and you don't have to wait which we all know is the hard part about ordering online haha. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
My wife has the HTC Droid Eris and she loves it. The only issue is battery life, which is horrible. Very nice little phone. I have a BlackBerry Storm which runs great on the Verizon network. I will probably give the iPhone a try when and if it comes to Verizon.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The Incredible ended up costing $150 after all the promotional stuff. They also gave me a nice Motorola flip phone for free. Overall, I'm really pleased with the pricing and customer service. They were awesome. The phones should be here on the 12th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Reaction score
It looks quite good. We're currently in what I would say to be the Golden Age of smartphones, and there's lots of choice and there's not much which is "total crap". I like the Nexus One, the iPhone, the Pre, Blackberries, etc - even though they are all completely different. Competition is good and variety is the spice of life.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.