Is black really that exciting?

Reaction score
I hope that is untrue. I've had mine for a little over a month now.

lol it's most likely true. I recently got my hands on a macbook as well.. You just gotta live with it I guess. No surprise though, Apple always has been sizing down on products.. meh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I think it depends. I love the Black MacBook, but my wife prefers White - she says it says "Apple" unlike the black one. I can see where the black one would look like, say, a Thinkpad, but man is it great looking!

Reaction score
I went to an Apple store yesterday to check them out. It was hard to get near a machine with 30 screaming kids taking pictures of themselves with the built-in cameras, but I finally worked my way in.

In my opinion the Black looks much better than the White. But it is absolutely personal preference.

The only downside to the Black is I noticed a ton of finger and hand prints all over it. I'm guessing these laptops will look pretty nasty after a while compared to a different type of finish (unless they are cleaned often). My PC laptop, for example, is probably filthy with finger prints... but even though I never clean it, you can't see any of them because of the finish.

Reaction score
but the Macbooks are definitely due for an update in October

yeah leopard comes out in october and it will be on the macs they sell from october i dont think the MBs are getting any smaller

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
I got mine reconditioned where for the extra 50 you get the black and 40 gigs more hard drive space. Seemed worth it for only 50.

That's what i did. For about $60CAD i got the blackbook over the white macbook. Well worth it.

Reaction score
The Black is so freaking cool.
I hate how the apple logo can barely even be seen on a white macbook. I also love how the apple logo on the black one always looks lit up, where as the white macbook's logo looks rather dull. I also love how the Black one is so darn sleek and sexy but the white one is all cute and bright and reflective. I also HATED the look of my iBook G4, but it only came in one color.

Reaction score
i dont like the black one, well i do like it but i wouldnt buy it.

i like the white one as it represents apple and mac and is traditionally known

gallery-big-04.jpg

look at that picture yes black stands out more and the apple logo stands out more on it but i think the white is better.

Reaction score
Hey, how do you get the picture to display? When I try inserting a pic it just shows up as a link.

tam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 ghz blac-book
Hey, how do you get the picture to display? When I try inserting a pic it just shows up as a link.

click the little square picture of the mountains, a box should pop up, put the link to the image in there and viola!

tam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 ghz blac-book
White is the way forward!!!!
Black is just to blend in with the croud..
apple is ment to stand out of the croud!!!

I'm sure all those people in NY [and across the nation] who got their ipods jacked because of the white earbuds were thinking the same thing
lol.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3G Black Macbook 2.16ghz, 2gb, 160gb
i have a blackbook

absolutely love it

i was in two minds over which to buy, i decided to go with the blackbook because it was top of the line and i had the money to spend
i love everything about its style, bar one thing

it picks up fingerprints like a detective at a double homicide. when i first got it i had to constantly remove them with fibre cloth - so frustrating.

i have now given up on the constant cleaning and decided to let it pick up all the finger prints it wants until the end of the month, when i will clean them off

something i have noticed about the finger prints is that the more you get, the less you seem to get. it seems like the more it is used by oily hands, the more it just looks like it is in use and doesnt look ugly becuase of the prints

i love my blackbook, and wouldnt have chosen a white macbook over the black anyday

OP
hobs707
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
i have a blackbook

absolutely love it

i was in two minds over which to buy, i decided to go with the blackbook because it was top of the line and i had the money to spend
i love everything about its style, bar one thing

it picks up fingerprints like a detective at a double homicide. when i first got it i had to constantly remove them with fibre cloth - so frustrating.

i have now given up on the constant cleaning and decided to let it pick up all the finger prints it wants until the end of the month, when i will clean them off

something i have noticed about the finger prints is that the more you get, the less you seem to get. it seems like the more it is used by oily hands, the more it just looks like it is in use and doesnt look ugly becuase of the prints

i love my blackbook, and wouldnt have chosen a white macbook over the black anyday

That's cool. Yeah some of my friends have black macbooks and they love them, but they say they do get a lot of fingerprints. Ha ha I like your comparison, "it picks up fingerprints like a detective at a double homicide" :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you have the cash for the pro, i would advise it

but if you need a macbook now and dont have the money to go pro, just get a macbook, they are perfect for most tasks that you would need the pro for (apart from extreme video/photo/music editing)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
Wonder if there is a market for Dell stickers to place over the glowing apple? LOL Stealth machine! Why are stealth planes in black?

Took my MacBook to library to test their WiFi, and opened it on computer area counter. Two female librarians' eyes open widely and exclaimed, "Is that a Mac?" One said she was thinking of getting one. If I opened a Dell, a short glance would be all you would get.

Reaction score
if you have the cash for the pro, i would advise it
Hmm, that's what everyone seems to say.

I was planning on going with a Macbook due to the smaller size (which I prefer)... but now I'm seriously considering the Macbook Pro instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i would hav egone pro had i had the cash - that was the onyl determining factor

i really dont see much difference between the models for what i would be using them for....only the larger screen size is REALLY waht i see as different (i know there are huge differences when it coems down to things like hardcore editing)

and cramar, if you are trying to get some action using a laptop, you are seriously misguided....and kinda creepy ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
If you are going to get a new one for school, I would seriously consider holding out until like October. It has been rumored that they are going to have new macbooks out, that are 1/2 the weight and size of the ones now.

Actually, other places like the mac Buyer's Guide suggest that you can buy a Macbook or Macbook Pro now since they have been recently updated. I'm guessing that the only huge change will be Leopard.

Reaction score
I like the white, because it is more unique. Color is preference, but color is also uniqueness.

Reaction score
well, i've been looking at macs non stop now for a month and a bit and i mean every day. I've been soooooooooooo tempted to buy one now and have it for when i go away tomorrow but i'm eagerly awaiting leopard and the rumour of new, smaller, macbooks. In terms of black or white or mbp i began with loving them all cos my dads girlfriend got one but i never took to it at first (she was really possesive and i never got a go) but i recently had a go and fell in love with it. I liked white then i liked mbp then i liked black but i think also cos its got betta specs. All the same now MAC IS KING WHATEVER MODEL!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.