iPhone 11 vibration level

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That app looks interesting Jake. I don't think I was aware of that one. I'll give it a look.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Simple answer, get an Apple Watch. I haven't missed a call since I got one, whether the phone was on silent, vibrate, ring or simply in the next room and you can even answer the call temporally until you can pickup/find your iPhone.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been trying to convince SWMBO that I need an Apple Watch for just that reason. The recently announced cheaper model almost had her convinced. Unfortunately, the purchase of said watch may have to wait until I find out how much the insurance will pay on an unscheduled ER visit.

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have been trying to convince SWMBO that I need an Apple Watch for just that reason. The recently announced cheaper model almost had her convinced. Unfortunately, the purchase of said watch may have to wait until I find out how much the insurance will pay on an unscheduled ER visit.
Sorry to hear about the unscheduled ER visit. Are you okay? I'm assuming it was you. I had a flare up of my diverticulosis last night, woke up early with a headache and feeling like I had been trampled by a herd of elephants. Still, can't complain, the sun is shining, it's a bit warmer that the last few days, 7deg C yesterday morning at this time today it's 15deg. Hope you're feeling better.
I did order an Apple Watch for myself a couple of days ago, it's the 40mm SE which with trade in of my old AW 3 comes to AU$299.00. Its come down to a "what the heck" situation. The AW 3 had so little storage that I had to unpair and erase it just to install an update. It works perfectly in every other way albeit a bit limited in what I can instal and some functions like no ECG. Anyway we don't live forever, thats my Christmas present taken care of.
Best regards,
Rod

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to hear about the unscheduled ER visit. Are you okay? I'm assuming it was you. I had a flare up of my diverticulosis last night, woke up early with a headache and feeling like I had been trampled by a herd of elephants. Still, can't complain, the sun is shining, it's a bit warmer that the last few days, 7deg C yesterday morning at this time today it's 15deg. Hope you're feeling better.
Yes, it was me. I was going down a ramp and flipped my wheelchair forward causing me to hit the pavement. The resulting bump on the head necessitated the ER visit. Thankfully, I'm fine. A few scrapes and bruises but otherwise fine. As a result of that adventure I can conclude the following:

1. Newton's third law of motion still applies.
2. I've got a few more days before the bruises go away completely.
3. SWMBO has warned that any further misadventures such as this will result in my not being allowed to leave the house without a crash helmet. :)

Hope you are feeling better as well.

BTW Thanks for that info about the Series 3 watch. Before this last product announcement I was considering buying a series 3.

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 21

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ouch! Nice raccoon impersonation though.
As for the Apple watch I'm assuming the "current" AW 3 is the same as the one I bought 3 years back. In the AW app on my iPhone it states total storage (Capacity) as 4.2GB with 1.0GB available. I don't have a lot of Complications added, just three and a few 3rd party apps that mirror my iPhone but with the recent upgrade to apple watchOS 7 AND the subsequent update I had to un-pair erase and re-pair the watch because even the update required 2GB to instal and I only had 1.0GB. I could see that that could be an ongoing issue so I opted for the new SE which has 32GB.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Rod....

See what happens when you argue with the SWMBO? :rofl :goofy

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We recently acquired a 12" stainless steel frying pan I have nicknamed "Skull Crusher" due to its substantial heft. If I scare SWMBO like that again I may have an unpleasant encounter with that utensil. :)

About 20 minutes after this happened a co-worker said I looked like I'd gone 15 rounds with Mike Tyson. If I had I'd be able to afford that Apple Watch. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227
in the settings you can change only the vibration volume or turn it off altogether. And I think it is quite clear that in the pocket and on the surface of the table is a completely different sound, it's physics. so just turn it off or put up with it

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
in the settings you can change only the vibration volume or turn it off altogether. And I think it is quite clear that in the pocket and on the surface of the table is a completely different sound, it's physics. so just turn it off or put up with it
I'm fully aware of the physics involved but I think you miss my point. I don't carry my phone in my shirt pocket. In fact, many of the shirts I wear to work most often don't have pockets. When I put the phone in the front pocket of my slacks I don't always feel it but that's a minor issue.

Out of necessity my ringer is on vibrate while I'm at work. Quite often I forget to turn the ringer on when I leave work and may miss a call. All I'm asking is why can't the phone activate the ringer based upon your location.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
@Slydude, have you looked at the Automations in the Shortcuts app? You can set it for when you leave, then Sripting to play a sound, or if you turn your Ringer off, under "Media", there is option to "Set Volume". You may have already talked about this, but I started looking through Shortcuts the other day. Hoping to make things easier.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've experimented with Shortcuts for some other things, with varying degrees of success, but not for this. I must admit, I hadn't thought to investigate that possibility. I'll have to look into that.

I hadn't thought to turn the ringer off under Media. I have been using the slide switch on the phone's side mainly because it's simple, but also because when I started doing this, other options, such as Shortcuts, weren't always available.

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There always seem to be unwanted complications or repercussions when I fiddle too much with basic functions. Because I ride a motor bike in Bali I was always missing texts and sometimes calls as well which is one of the reasons why I bought an Apple watch a few years back. I just upgraded to the new Apple Watch SE but only 'cause it was cheaper and I got a decent trade in on my old one. There are cheaper smart watches out there that will pair with an iPhone or you can now get the AW series 3 GPS only for around US$200.00. Considering you could expect 3 years or more life out of it thats pretty good but I understand things are tight and that may be too much of an outlay.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm kinda looking at one of the recently announced models. Probably the same model you just purchased. I know where I could pick up a Series 3 model for about $150.00 US from a friend, but the ER trip intervened.

In the meantime, I read your comments in post @26 and decided that issue was only going to get worse in the future. I think I'll skip the Series 3 and get something a tad newer. My general rule when purchasing Apple gear is to buy the best/newest you can afford and keep it for a long time.

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm with you on that. I will second what a lot of other people have said here and on other forums; I can go half a day or more without taking my phone out of my pocket/bag since buying an AW. It really performs so many little tasks like replying to texts, confirming notifications, accessing Siri, getting directions from Maps, Google Maps is available again now too although I don't know how well it works. Lets just say, I'm very happy with the Apple Watch SE. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about it.:)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. No real specific questions at the moment. A lot of the things I would use the watch for, I'm pretty sure it does well. I'm leaning in the direction of getting one of the cellular-equipped models. Is there anything you've found that's either awkward or you wish were done better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I've opted against the cellular watch. Just the GPS version. I carry my iPhone with me just about everywhere, so the cellular there serves the Watch just fine. I suppose if I were a runner and didn't want to carry my iPhone running, I could see the value of a cellular watch, but I do my cardio on a treadmill and have my iPhone with me even then. When I did work out outside, I always took my iPhone with me. So I see no need for a cellular watch.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That was my thinking, as well. Like you, I usually have my phone with me. About the only time I don't is the handful of times I've forgotten my phone/forgotten to charge it and had it run down during the day.

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Update on the vibrate.
I dug deep into the Apple forums.
The only thing I could get hold of was the settings.
so id decided to make a fresh start from the very start. Also made my own vibrate not the default ones. Yes got it working but not so fierce as the iPhone 7.
But it’s working.
the next job is to find a cover for it as the phone itself very slippery.
thanks all

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.