• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

If Apple made a touch-screen notebook would you buy it?

Reaction score
On Basis of Trial of EEE.

NO, I've used PC's EEE, and I wanted to smash it. I hated the small size of the buttons. I understand the practicality of it but no. But, I personally don't care for touch screens. Let PC get that win. They do after all, need all the help they can get.

Reaction score
I would - only if the technology was "hardy" - meaning it wasn't presented in a 3 lb "dainty" shell(ie the air, eww). Most of the tablets I've seen have been 13" and I think that is the perfect size for a tablet pc. A mac tablet would be an interesting idea mostly because I'd love to see the awesome technology apple comes up with for the rotation of the monitor.... it would be stunning.

I never got the impression that the Air was of poor quality or felt like it was going to break on me :S. I do understand the weight aspect, I like my portable devices to have some weight, ie the Nano is really horrible in my hands, wheras an iPhone is great to hold.

The Air on the other hand isn't exactly a Nano, it still has weight, so I don't really understand your POV. It's your POV all the same though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & iPhone 3G
I vote no. They're toys and already have an iPhone. I also have a MacBook Pro unibody so it would be pointless for me to get one and it would be pointless for Apple make them, they're already have the iPhone, MacBook Air & iPod Touch which would do just as much if not more then the netbook or MacBook Mini. I use my iPhone just as much if not more than my MBP. It would be good for the people that want a MacBook but can't afford them, like if they were $600-$800.

Reaction score
lol its not about the price... netbooks attract to different consumers

iPhone cannot be compared to a netbook... can you have word on it? no... I agree macbook air serves the function for macs but i do not think air can compete with the netbooks on the market today.

i've had the iPod Touch... and i couldn't stand it... i love macs, i own powerbook g4 12 inch and 17 inch. Obviously the 12 inch is portable enough but people who travel a lot COULD want something lighter and has more battery power... my powerbook is around 5 pounds, just like your MBP... with a brand new battery it runs about 3.5 to 4 hours... just like your MBP. obviously ur machine is stronger than mine... but aside from that, since people who are on the market for netbook are lookng for portability and not as a primary computer are going to care about weight and the battery life.... so its not about the money, its not about your MBP supporting what you need... not about just going on the web with your iPhone. :\

I jus think people who are loyal to macs want a mac product as an extra. so people who already have a desktop, laptop, could want another mac product that is like a netbook that is lighter with better battery life (current netbooks in the market today like samsun nc10 has up to 7 hours of battery life) for portability. I for one is for apple to come out with a netbook... and i hear they probably will... so im just waiting and seeing whats going on till prob mid summer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I thought about it hard and voted no.

Though I think touch screen is great and innovative. With multi touch etc. I think using a keyboard and mouse for most people they can get work done much quicker than if it has to be done entirely touch screen. If low tech is more time and cost effective, I say stick with it.

If touch screen technology improves in the future I might change my mind. But for now I voted no.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac pro 2.66 dual core 5 gigs of ram with duel 22" monitors
I'm pretty sure a Iphone 3g is just as fast and can do just as much as any tablet Pc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
I was thinking about this while sitting on my couch surfing the net on my Mac Pro via the mobileairmouse app for iPhone.

It may be a few years off, but I'd love a touch screen tablet mac (10-13' or so) that could serve as a remote for my home theater system, interface with my mac pro that's connected to my plasma as a bluetooth keyboard and mouse or other multitouch accessory, or stand alone as a laptop while I'm watching TV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Oh I love the onion. The most unreliable source for Apple information/rumours. But good for some light entertainment.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It was funny the first 500 times the link was posted. Now, it's just getting old and tired.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.