how to open a file in preview

Reaction score
I have another account on this computer and finder does'nt do anything when I click it. So I guess I don't understand how a new account is going to help open Finder. I admit i don't know very much about this stuff but i just don't understand how that would work. Not sure if it can be explained or not?

It's easy to explain, I didn't say it would fix Finder. But now we have eliminated that it is just a small problem with your account and is System wide.

OP
C
Reaction score
Any ideas of what to do next? Also by the way thanks Peomeroy, van smith, etc for your help so far. I do apperciate your time and effort.

OP
C
Reaction score
Anyway to open jpg file without Preview? I am just looking to print it out on photo paper.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Anyway to open jpg file without Preview? I am just looking to print it out on photo paper.

Sure. Right-click on the file and click "Open With", then pick the application of your choice.

OP
C
Reaction score
Anybody out there have any ideas of how I can fix Preview. etc? Any help would be appreciated.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Preview isn't broken if JPEGs are opening with it. Preview is the default viewer for JPEGs (among other things). Did you try cwa107's advice?

OP
C
Reaction score
Srry it has been awhile. Did'nt have internet for awhile then got caught up in other things. Yes I did try to right click and select apllication to open file. Did not work. Not sure where to go from here?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Srry it has been awhile. Did'nt have internet for awhile then got caught up in other things. Yes I did try to right click and select apllication to open file. Did not work. Not sure where to go from here?

As much as I hate to say it, it doesn't seem like forums are the best avenue for advice for you given your apparent skill level with operating a computer. No offense intended.

I would find the Apple Store nearest you and schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.