Hooooorrraaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
My wife hasn't touched it so far. But then again I go to sleep 3 hours before she does every night, due to my work schedule, so who knows.

BTW, parallels is such an amazing little piece of software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
The wait is killer. I keep finding all these programs I wanna try out as soon as i get it. I just found Delicious Library and as someone who owns 500+ dvds it's gonna be amazing to be able to create a database of them just by scanning the barcode with the isight. I can't wait for my macbook. Should be shipping on monday.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
OSURico112... that sounds like a cool program, I'll keep that in mind. My MacBook left INDIANAPOLIS, IN at 7:36am this morning, so its almost here and Man am getting more excited by the second

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Just tried Delicious Library, some barcodes are tricky to scan but it does work. I threw in some old stuff to try and catch it out and it did find some old videos which was cool.

Could be a good application for storing details of all your property for insurance reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
Hi minaMACman,

I've just placed an order for a macbook a few days ago in it's arriving in 4 weeks :( (might as well be an eternity)

so how did you go through most of the waiting period? I'm going nuts, any advice?

tnx!

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
qwinkan,

You r from Dubai... thats cool, I always wanted to visit. I am Originally from Egypt.

Well, I am really sorry to say this :( but the wait period was a killer, I just got my Macbook yesterday tho.

You'll probably laugh at this, but since the day I ordered which is last wednesday I was always on the FedEx site checking for tracking info and on the apple order status, it was trouble, I just pretty much busied my self with work.

But to be honest... ITS WELL WORTH IT. You will be speechless when you get this Amazing Computer in your hands. It just works and its so inovative.
Hope that helped, good luck ;)

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yeah... one more thing,

Everyone on These Forums are just straight up awesome, and they just Kick. If you have any question while your Mac is on the way start asking the questions and browsing through the forums you'll learn A LOT, that what I did and the result was great. When I finally got my MacBook yesterday I knew my way around it and it was awesome.

So Always post your questions here, and you'll get some real good answers and quicker than you can imangine :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi minaMACman,

I've just placed an order for a macbook a few days ago in it's arriving in 4 weeks :( (might as well be an eternity)

so how did you go through most of the waiting period? I'm going nuts, any advice?

tnx!

I didn't wait long as I bought a reconditioned one :) My iMac arrived yesterday and that also came fast. I've been lucky, two reconditioned machines that are immaculate.

I had a Mac Mini to see me through all the waiting, but it did only have 512MB *slow*.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
yes, the wait is killer. My macbook finally left shanghai today scheduled to show up thursday, hopefully it does or at least friday dunno if i could wait through another weekend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
oh god, i wish someone would make a support forum for awaiting mac book owners (^_^) it's really driving me nuts, i check these forums every chance I get =) i bought mine from a reseller so I can't track it's location like you guys...bummer

right now, i'm trying to distract myself by researching on which kind of bag or sleeve I'm gonna get and there have been plenty of threads here that has been a big help.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey OSURICO,
Mine was actually set to arrive today, but it came a day earlier and am all the way i Wilmington, NC. so I doubt that u'll have to wait till Friday.

Welcome in Advance and let me tell ya, u will love that Macbook like no other computer that you ever got :D

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh god, i wish someone would make a support forum for awaiting mac book owners (^_^) it's really driving me nuts, i check these forums every chance I get =) i bought mine from a reseller so I can't track it's location like you guys...bummer

right now, i'm trying to distract myself by researching on which kind of bag or sleeve I'm gonna get and there have been plenty of threads here that has been a big help.

That's why Apple opened shops, but even then you can't wait to get it home and unpacked lol.

Last night I had to wait a couple of hours before using my iMac as the Firewire lead I had was broken and I had to go out to get another. I wanted to transfer files and applications from the Mac Mini.

The annoying thing is I forgot that my firewire audio interface had the sort of lead I needed grr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i went to the apple store and was playing around with the macbook there but you have to buy them as is there and i wanted 2 gigs of ram so it was torture to leave the macbook and go home and order one. According to FedEx mine should arrive Thursday before 10:30am. Yeah i've been spending a ton of times on these forums and not even having my macbook yet just telling people about the features i've read of osx i've almost convinced my friends to give mac's a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4/4/320/Leopard, 12" PowerBook G4 1.5/1.25/80/Tiger
I too am happily awaiting the arrival of a Mac Book! I'll be working on the road all summer, so it is (sadly) time to depart with my PowerMac G5 and move on to something portable.

ClubMac had a great deal on 2Ghz/2GB/120GB (White), so I went with that over a refurb from the Apple Store to save hours & hundreds doing the slow incremental upgrades.

--Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yay my macbook arrived today but I had it shipped to my grandmother's house since she's always at home so after i get done with class at 5:30 today i'm swinging over to get it, can't wait, class is gonna drag on so long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
first post on my new macbook, you all were right, this is a truely amazing machine, i love the size.:bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
Final Cut

The question is have any of you run Final Cut Pro on the MB? I have read that you can, but I have also read that you can't. I have to buy one for college I will be starting in the fall, and I want to edit my videos on there also. I am torn between the MB and MBP. I like the portability of the MB, But I like the FW800 and the screen size of the MBP.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Rico, COngrats on your MacBook brotha, and Welcome to the Light side :D

I am glad you are enjoying it, and by the way something neat that for some reason I haven't heard about any where but stumbled on is a program called Sherlock. its pretty cool u can check flight arrivals, movie theaters in ur area all from one simple Clean and easy to use interface. I think its pretty neat.

Well Enjoy. and Have a cold beer on me :D

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey as much as I love the story in that link and it does make me even more proud to be a Black MacBook Owner. it probably depends on how much of intense editting are u looking to do on the MB because after all Apple did say that it doesn't support the Integrated Graphics.

Just my 2 cents, and I am loving my MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.