hmmmm. leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yeah or...well...ARRR, SHIVER ME TIMBERS, if you know what I mean

oh, i know what you mean

can't wait till it comes out and I actually get to use it
not going to go for that approach though :)

Reaction score
ah, i am a new mac convert, but so far, i love the tiger, i ve read a lot about leopard, but i think tiger is much a mac to me...i love tiger so much, and am not really excited about leopard, but if it will allow me to set to the tiger look, then sure am gonna upgrade to leopard, and the funny thing is that apple might stop supporting tiger when leopard is out, so...i wait to see.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Apple can't really stop supporting Tiger when Leopard comes out because it is the same OS. It's just a new version, like 10.1, 10.2 10.3 before it.Sure eventually programs will only run on Leopard for not for a while. But I agree, no need to rush out and upgrade straight away. Tiger is great!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Will leopard be able to be modified in terms of icons, themes etc the same way you could on tiger? using the same programs?

on XP i used to modify my pc to make it look like a mac but now on vista those programs are incompatible and i have to keep it looking like vista.

grim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Will leopard be able to be modified in terms of icons, themes etc the same way you could on tiger? using the same programs?

on XP i used to modify my pc to make it look like a mac but now on vista those programs are incompatible and i have to keep it looking like vista.

grim.

If Leopard breaks them, you can be sure they'll be updated to work pretty quickly. Unlike Windows; most Mac users are passionate about their computer, their work and Apple in general... the developers even more so. The devs will have their hands on Leopard on the release day, if they don't already have a beta copy, so they'll be testing their apps and re-working them for Leopard compatibility from day one.

Reaction score
I don't see any comparisons to Vista personally. The transparent feature in Leopard is the only similarity and I doubt Apple really stole the idea. All of the features and screenies that I have seen in OS X are just fantastic. And some of the things that Leopard will be able to do is light years ahead of Windows.
I'm looking forward to using the Mac OS. I have used MS crap since DOS 6.22 and all Vista is to me is a glossed over XP. I have not and will not purchase it. I have used it plenty and it's just a mess. Microsoft just never comes out with innovative software. IMO

My conversion to Mac will be complete in 3 weeks. I can't wait.

Reaction score
I want leopard for 'spaces', I use it all the time in linux. For those coming from only a windows and or Mac background this will come as a big surprise as to how good it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Is it true Leopard will have enhancements/upgrades to the open gl structure? I heard that might be the case. And if so games and aps that use it will run better unter leopard.

Is that true or just a silly rumour?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I know you can, but thanks.

And everyone knows vista copied alot from OSX, but come on, give vista some credit, their clear glassy start bar is very cool.

It seems like some of you folk will dismiss even the good things about vista and claim that they copied it from apple.

Silly claim upon silly claim. Ultimately, everyone rips everyone else off. To say Vista ripped off Leopard when Vista has been in development since 2001 was a pretty over the top claim though, especially with Vista betas being available long before any of Leopard's features where even announced.

But I keep seeing this claim about Vista ripping off features from OS X, so I'm curious to know exactly what is it that Vista ripped off from OS X?

Reaction score
I want leopard for 'spaces', I use it all the time in linux. For those coming from only a windows and or Mac background this will come as a big surprise as to how good it is.
Yeah that's the feature I was most curious about. Seems like a different way of thinking. Did it take you long to get into the new habits?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I dunno about all of you but in the end does it matter if or who ripped of who as long as you have a smooth and superior product in Leopard over Vista?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 160 GB HD
I for one am looking forward to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz 2gb RAM 15-inch Widescreen
I dunno about all of you but in the end does it matter if or who ripped of who as long as you have a smooth and superior product in Leopard over Vista?

Great point!

i will be getting leopard definately...but, i was waiting for leopard initialy...but not i have the money for a macbook pro...so i think i am going to go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
The grass looks nice :)

it does, and might be the only thing anyone ripped off anyone else. instead of assuming everyone is ripping off everyone else, maybe it's just that we have the ability to do something, so now we are doing it. and all the "ripping off claims" are just ascetics(sp?). the operating systems are so different underneath that.

on a better note, i cannot wait for leopard either. i plan to get it once it comes out (hopefuly). and i'm very excited about it:) but i really hope that cleardock is updated quickly for it. the new dock is pretty and all, but i much prefer cleardock. especially since i plan to put my dock off to the right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.