help w/ Mac HD not appearing in Recovery Mode Disk Utility?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Using Safari I get this;
Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 2.31.24 pm.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are/were you using Time Machine, before you replaced the drive? If so, you may be able to Recover your "Install macOS High Sierra" app. From there you can create your own bootable USB installer,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP retina, 2013 Mac Air, iPhone SE 1st
Two months ago I installed a new OWC aura pro X2 on mid 2013 Mac Air. You have to wipe the Aura clean and reset it to Apple format. I believe the farthest back you can go is High Sierria which uses AFPS. If you are not sure then call OWC tech support and ask them. So after formatting the hard drive you need a bootable USB to whatever system you want to install. Again you have to wipe the USB clean and format to the same way you did the hard drive: AFPS, GUID Partition and Mac OS X extended journal. See here for instructions on bootable USB and links to all versions back to El Capitan
I had my bootable USB already made after the physical installation of the Aura Pro SSD. I first reset the new Aura SSD and then shut it down. I plugged in my USB and booted to recovery which showed the USB drive. I did a clean install from that. The link I provided above describes how to create a USB and also opens to the Apple Store. I used my 2015 Pro to make the USB. I do not know it you can access Apple Store from a clean SSD???

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.