First time mac user (iMac G3 333)

OP
F

frail

dtravis7 said:
Very cool. I think you will love the Mini. A lot of computer for the price and size. Going from the 333Mhz Imac to the Mini will be a BIG jump for you.

Enjoy!

I'm looking forward to the Mini. My Windows laptop just sold on ebay this morning and I'll be picking up my Mac Mini from Best Buy on Friday. I almost bought an iBook G3 900mhz from ebay but decided I'd rather have something brand new, so I decided to go with the Mini. Now I just need to pick up a better monitor than the antiquated one I have now.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out in this thread with the iMac; now I'm on to greener pastures with my forthcoming Mini.

OP
F

frail

Got my Mac Mini today from Best Buy. Bought an Apple keyboard from CompUSA which is nice because I needed the extra USB ports it comes with. Mini is running great, a much better experience than with my iMac G3 333. My Windows system is gone, so I'm all Mac now. Updated to 10.4.1. Overall, just lovin' it.

OP
T

Tel

Congrats on your mini. Now you'll spend the next few months discovering really cool things about tiger every day. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Congrats on your mini, I bet you will soon upgrade to an iMac in a couple of years.

OP
F

frail

PowerBookG4 said:
Congrats on your mini, I bet you will soon upgrade to an iMac in a couple of years.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a Powerbook. I prefer a laptop but the Mini was really the only thing in my price range right now.

Okay, so now that I've had a chance to play around with Safari a bit, I have a question. While saving images for instance, is there any way I can change the folder to save them to on the fly or can I only save them to the folder designated in Preferences? It seems a bit annoying that I can't choose the folder I'm saving to as I'm saving the file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.