• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

First Presidential Election

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That's always been the case, and why we don't have a prime minister ;)

It's always been the case except when one party overwhelmingly controls both the houses of Congress (as the Republicans did in Bush's first 6 years and the Dems did during the Carter years). In those cases that party can force through whatever they want and argue the details later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
right, what I meant by that is that it if we weren't meant to have a centrist government we'd have a parliamentary system. IE the party with the largest representation in parliament would then have it's head as the prime minister.. leaving it so that the legislative and executive are from the same party.

If you notice, single party control never really lasts in this country.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you notice, single party control never really lasts in this country.

Which is really quite fortunate. What amazes me is how many people actually believe that things are automatically going to change once he is sworn in. The sad fact is he is going to have to live with W's legacy for most of his first term including domestic and foreign policy issues. That's just how it is, every new president is the victim of his predecessor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Which is really quite fortunate. What amazes me is how many people actually believe that things are automatically going to change once he is sworn in. The sad fact is he is going to have to live with W's legacy for most of his first term including domestic and foreign policy issues. That's just how it is, every new president is the victim of his predecessor.

Well said. Sad but true. The lock is still broken, and none has found the key, and the ship is still headed the same direction. The same filks are still in the same places in government and the private sector. Same Generals, CEOs, Defense contractors, lawyers, etc... We just have a different Captain shuffling around the wheelhouse trying to look relevant. I feel bad for Barack in that I believe many folks are expecting some big "change" to happen when he gets into his new role. That's a lot of pressure that no one person can hope to achieve. McCain would have been in the same unenviable position. President of the US is kind of low on my list of must have jobs right now. I might not respect him, but I respect the uniform he wears now and hope he fares better than the last guy to sit in the office.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.