• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

College students - buy a Mac, get an iPod Nano FREE

J

jlbrew3

Discerptor said:
I can verify that you can indeed do both the iPod and printer rebate with the purchase of a new Mac, seeing as I did this very thing last year to get a printer/scanner/copier for $30 and a 60GB iPod photo for my folks for a discounted price. The computer was ordered in early/mid-August, and the rebates came in September at some point.

I did something very similar, and it took about five weeks to actually get the rebates back, but they came which was all i really cared about

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
What a surprise, I got my rebates yesterday. It took about 2.5 weeks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
My Boyfriend got the rebates yesturday as well, and we got them about 2 weeks ago.. so pretty fast.. I bet mine are in my PO Box ...

J

jlbrew3

wow you guys are lucky, i hate when rebates take a long time, two weeks is great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
shame it just came out and since i already got a macboook.

Bah, atleast it will attract more students to Macs, but i already have a nano so it's cool i guess.

Also It was after my order was placed itself that mac reduced £100 on the macbook pro..i felt , if i waited for 2 more days..i could've had £100 off.

But to my surprise i got an email from mac stating £100 was put back into my account :)

I swear, mac has the best customer service ever.. :) :)

H

Ha_ze

This was great, i got $100 off, then sold the 2G nano i bought with it, made $130 on it. It's like I got $230 off my book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 / 12" PowerBook G4 x 2
Buying A Mac and getting an iPod nano for free is only available when buying online or in the states, right? Because in Hong Kong it doesn't apply in any Apple reseller stores.

Reaction score
Aww man, I'm assuming the student discount or the free ipod won't apply if I bought in in compusa right? I just bought my macbook last week. It would of been nice to get a student discount and ipod, but I have the feeling that is only for online.

All mac stuff was 5% off anyways last week, so it was cheaper anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
I just took advantage of the deal! I ordered the base MacBook. Got a 1GB nano, white...I already have a video iPod, but it's nice to have a secondary.

Reaction score
I love my free nano, its a good match with my 60 gig photo and my new 20 inch iMac with 2 gigs ram and the 256 vram. College +Apple = Perfect

Reaction score
If it's like the printer deal you can buy the mb or whatever anywhere as long as the Ipod shows up on your receipt you get the rebate. Atleast thats how it worked with my printer last year. I bought the iBook and Pixma IP5000 at CompUSA AND got a lower than student discount with some coupons I stacked in store. And I still got my rebate for printer+ibook.

If you go into an Apple retail store, buy the MBP and Ipod at the same time I know you'll get the rebate, but will I also get my student discount in store? Loans came a bit late this year and I honestly can't wait the 2 weeks for shipping like I did my ibook and macmini.

Reaction score
I went to an Apple store last week and bought a new MacBook. They extended the student discount to me and the free ipod and free printer. They were very helpful and will honor anything that is offered online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 1gig ram
Dominion said:
If it's like the printer deal you can buy the mb or whatever anywhere as long as the Ipod shows up on your receipt you get the rebate. Atleast thats how it worked with my printer last year. I bought the iBook and Pixma IP5000 at CompUSA AND got a lower than student discount with some coupons I stacked in store. And I still got my rebate for printer+ibook.

If you go into an Apple retail store, buy the MBP and Ipod at the same time I know you'll get the rebate, but will I also get my student discount in store? Loans came a bit late this year and I honestly can't wait the 2 weeks for shipping like I did my ibook and macmini.

I just did this and received the discount and the ipod. Should not be a problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
When I go to the page that tells you about the ipod deal and click start shopping now, I cant find my school.

I can find it with the printer deal or the standard education discount page.

could this be because its a elementary school? will the ipod deal only work with colleges.

On the rebate form it says notheing about the school you used.

Reaction score
Try this if you live near an AppleStore....it worked for 03civda it may work for you too! :headphone

03civda said:
I went to an Apple store last week and bought a new MacBook. They extended the student discount to me and the free ipod and free printer. They were very helpful and will honor anything that is offered online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pulse-8 said:
Try this if you live near an AppleStore....it worked for 03civda it may work for you too! :headphone

if worst comes to worst i will but i would prefer to order online

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
could i just login to the standard education store and buy a mac and ipod then download the form and mail it in

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.