Chargers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), Apple Watch: IPad Mini 3: Iphone 12 Pro
Hi Friends-

Is there a recent post somewhere or a site I can visit that can give me a good lesson on chargers? I see on the Apple site there are plenty of chargers, some are usb to lighting, others are lightening to usb (????). Some have the cord but apparently the part that plugs in to the outlet can be changed out depending on the device. I purchased the iPhone 12 Pro (will receive Monday) and I see there is no charger included but I have an iPhone 6s Plus, an iPad mini an Apple Watch and a MacBook Pro. I have no clue about my chargers, which ones can I use with the new phone and where can I learn about the different chargers? Thanks

Allison

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We've gone over this before in another thread. However, since you already have an iPhone and an iPad Mini, you already have, perhaps several, lightning to USB A cables that you use.

Since the iPhone 12 series only included a lightning to USB C type cable in the box and no charger, you would if you wanted to, buy a USB C charger.

My advice is to just continue to use the lightning to USB A cables that you already own and connect to whatever charger you presently use.

That's what I'm doing with my new iPhone 12.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks chscag, I appreciate your response. Could you tell me your search terms to find previous threads? The only ones I came up with are about 10 years old. Or alternatively, can you provide a link to a more recent thread? I would like to learn more about these different chargers and cables now that I have these different devices.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Okay great. Apple is always the best place to look.

But in case you wish to know what we said in a previous thread, here it is:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Actually I found just what I need off-site here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210133. Thanks

Hi Dufchick - I've been to that link above several times - nice summary! Also, keep in mind that a number of Apple devices can be charged wirelessly using Qi induction charging accessories (Qi is Chinese and pronounced 'chee') (Apple Link) - a few years ago, wife & I bought two iPhone XRs and I then purchased two Qi charging pads off Amazon (more HERE, if interested). Dave :)
Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 2.44.56 PM.png

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you RadDave. My son gave me a Power Touch 5 that works great, a Mophie (not sure of the model) so both of these are working great for wireless, plus he has 2 Samsung Super Fast Wall Chargers that work and he gave them to me as well. But I need a couple more so I did look on Amazon per your suggestion and now that I know what I am looking for based on your response to me, I am very happy with the selection that is available. Thanks so much for your response!

Allison

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.