Are you getting an iPad 2?

Reaction score
By the time I was able to get online the shipping was already out to 2-3 weeks. I leave for Japan in 2 weeks and since I really want an iPad to take with me I opted to go with a refurbished 1st generation which saves me a lot of money but without all the "oh my gosh" new goodies on the new one. Kinda sad but it'll serve its purpose for now. Here's to hoping I can swing snagging an iPad 3 when they come out.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Since I'm guessing M-F has a stronger male presence, the poll results really didn't reflect what I saw at Best Buy. But I really have no idea what Best Buy's stock was prior to arriving two hours after 5p local time.

Anyways, the white iPad was a lot more limited in stock, or non-existant in other white models. I was able to stand in front of the caged iPads and see what they had available at that point. They clearly had more black in every iPad model. I could be wrong, but that's for my observations.

Reaction score
Since I'm guessing M-F has a stronger male presence, the poll results really didn't reflect what I saw at Best Buy. But I really have no idea what Best Buy's stock was prior to arriving two hours after 5p local time.

Anyways, the white iPad was a lot more limited in stock, or non-existant in other white models. I was able to stand in front of the caged iPads and see what they had available at that point. They clearly had more black in every iPad model. I could be wrong, but that's for my observations.

I hope this doesn't reflect how many white vs. Black were made. I had my heart set on black ipad with a black leather cover but for some reason at the last minute I changed to white with a red leather cover. When I woke up that morning I looked again and was thinking of me a 6'1" 250lb dood walking around with what I'm thinking now is a kinda feminine iPad 2 maybe looking a little odd but that's ok with me. Whew sorry about the tangent. Anyways I hope I can get a whit one in a timely manner and the I didn't mess up going the feminine route.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I hope this doesn't reflect how many white vs. Black were made. I had my heart set on black ipad with a black leather cover but for some reason at the last minute I changed to white with a red leather cover. When I woke up that morning I looked again and was thinking of me a 6'1" 250lb dood walking around with what I'm thinking now is a kinda feminine iPad 2 maybe looking a little odd but that's ok with me. Whew sorry about the tangent. Anyways I hope I can get a whit one in a timely manner and the I didn't mess up going the feminine route.

I'd have no problem as a guy carrying around a white iPad. I guess it just depends on your sense of security. :p As long as you buy the right smart cover, it could balance out the feeling of a feminine iPad. Or just purchase third party case that covers the front and back.

Reaction score
It wasn't just the white that made me think girly it was the mixture of white with the red cover that really put it over the top

Reaction score
I think the white ipad with a red smart cover would be the best looking one of all but I am female. I plan to get the black one more because when I am watching video, it just seems that having video framed by black is the way to go. How many TV's do you see a big white frame on? Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
I think the white ipad with a red smart cover would be the best looking one of all but I am female. I plan to get the black one more because when I am watching video, it just seems that having video framed by black is the way to go. How many TV's do you see a big white frame on? Just my 2 cents.

Ugh what did I tell u. Lol but seriously I don't give a crap I'm excited.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Yes, I eBayed my iPad 1 64 gig and bought a black iPad 2 32 gig. I found that even after a year I still had over 40 gig of space left so the 32 gig wil be plenty until the iPad 3 arrives and I do the same thing all over again.

Reaction score
Ipad 2 not sure

I was going to get the first ipad but then i realized that they will do to the ipad what they do to the iphone so i dont know if i should buy the ipad 2 or wait for the ipad 3

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I was going to get the first ipad but then i realized that they will do to the ipad what they do to the iphone so i dont know if i should buy the ipad 2 or wait for the ipad 3

You'll be waiting forever because there will always be something new coming.

Reaction score
Smart Cover

I will be getting a black ipad but i dont know what colour i should get either black,navy,blue or red

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
You should get green to match your name Leafwalker

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

You'll be waiting forever because there will always be something new coming.

Yup I am waiting for the iPhone 6, it is gonna be amazing. It will have Full photoshop CS7 extended on it....

... but, seriously, Schweb is right get what will work for you now, chances are it will work for you just fine later... unless you dont really need it and you can wait to 2012. It's really up to you and only you know what you can afford, want and need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
I bought my Imac, Ipad and Iphone 4 with my Annual bonus last year so dependent on what I get this year I may get an Ipad 2 and a MBP.

I really need to put some money toward sensible things though so we will see how generous a bonus it is.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the Ipad 1 and agree with other posters that the camera is something I don't need on an Ipad.

Reaction score
I already bought one from the online store. It won't get to my house until april 14 (the smart cover on march 31), but that's ok, because I'm in Mexico right now, and won't get back until the beginning of april anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Well this vote was like my average 'new years resolution' - soon forgotten ... (I voted 'no way').

I am now the proud owner of a 32GB black iPad 2 with 3G and one of the little smart covers. I am fairly sure this is not going to go down well with the bank manager. :\

I want to get some kind of wrap or 'skin' to protect the back of my shiney new toy!!!! ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Well this vote was like my average 'new years resolution' - soon forgotten ... (I voted 'no way').

I am now the proud owner of a 32GB black iPad 2 with 3G and one of the little smart covers. I am fairly sure this is not going to go down well with the bank manager. :\

I want to get some kind of wrap or 'skin' to protect the back of my shiney new toy!!!! ;P

Congrats, Dave. Hope the bank manager takes it easy on ya. ;D
I just picked up a Carbon Fiber skin from Fusion of Ideas and it's pretty sweet. Not sure if they ship overseas though. But you also might wanna check Grove Bamboo iPhone 4 Cases

Cheers,

M

Reaction score
I finally made a decision on the color and model--black, 32GB WiFi--and now a new question is burning inside of my heart: what color Smart Cover?

I'm leaning towards the Navy Leather, but their disclaimer saying that it will fade over time has me a bit worried. So it's between that one, Black Leather, and the Grey Polyurethane.

Decisions, decisions. And don't get me started on how I plan on deciding which apps to get (hint: 'free' usually helps).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Well, the iPad 2 is going back today... but - only to be swapped :)

I am swapping my iPad today as there is a very small section of the screen that seems to be reacting with the back light in an unexpected fashion so I have been told to come in and swap it out at the Apple store. They would have swapped it on Wednesday but I didn't have the box with me, so I'm off back to Apple in a couple of hours before my working day starts.

I do love the customer service from these guys. My mate recently spent 6 weeks arguing with Currys about his TV that had developed a fault in it's 11th month. Apple are just so refreshing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 'drinking the cool aide' or what-ever that saying is, I know it's not all perfect in the Apple-verse but I am always pleased with how they deal with problems that come up (with me at least).

Actually I think their good customer service actually makes it easier for me to feel let down by other companies. Both Amazon & Microsoft have really got my back up in 2011 by the way they wanted me to jump through hoops in order for them to offer me the customer service I expected. I think that 'expectation' comes from dealing with Apple, I just start to expect other companies to be decent as well, unfortunately they are not always as decent as I hope they might be... ok, very much gone off topic, sorry ;p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.