• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple to choose blu-ray over hddvd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 2ghz Macbook | 80Gb Ipod
Do you have a blu-ray drive then because i have the same update via toast and i can't read Blu-ray on my normal superdrive.

Reaction score
my 2 cents

as i have been on the side lines for some time now. i have my issues with sony, but they make some good stuff!

format wars are a crap shoot
-microsoft did good not "build in" a high def drive IMHO
-add-ons (HD-Player/XBOX) have a history of dieing
-now maybe a blu ray drive? but then again add-ons
-or maybe new 360 blu ray xbox's!! yeah right huh
-sony needs to lower these prices, general public says too expensive!
-HD downloads are still in the future. you need massive storage on hand.

i think too many people want to really own their stuff, still alot of old fashion people around. the younger gen and more tech savy know the get arounds, but for all those who dont...discs will still be the main format.
i dont about you but i got about few hundred standard store bought movies now say if over the next couple years you download a few hundred "high def" movies. where are you going to keep those? i hope with out a hack/mod you would be able to burn these at least once.

with the average movie on blu ray sizing up at 40 gig 500 movies would put you around 20tera bit ?

i dont know? just me ranting...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.