Apple Store getting hammered, offline again. Anyone get a pre-order???

Reaction score
I ordered mine on the 7th and got a shipped notification on monday but so far my UPS tracking info still says "Ready for UPS". However I noticed that mine is being shipped using their UPS Express Saver service which is one of their domestic shipping options here in Canada that does next day delivery by noon, this tells me UPS will pick it up from an Apple warehouse on thursday and deliver to me the next day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
Mine shipped Fedex, so I'm pretty confident now that it'll get here on the 16th. I'm going to "work from home" ;) that day just so I know someone will be here when they arrive.

Reaction score
I'm also going to "work from home" tomorrow, the scheduled delivery date. Mine is arriving by UPS. Can you imagine the absolute horror of coming home and seeing an "attempted to deliver" notice on your door, and having to wait longer! Not me--this is my first iPad! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
My new iPad shipped late last night...

It's in Chengdu, China... estimated delivery is March 19th.

Reaction score
I am interested in seeing how shipping is gonna work out. Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but it is still sitting in Nashville with 'future delivery requested'. Do you think Apple is going for next day delivery starting tonight so the iPad's will 'for sure' arrive tomorrow?

Reaction score
I am interested in seeing how shipping is gonna work out. Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but it is still sitting in Nashville with 'future delivery requested'. Do you think Apple is going for next day delivery starting tonight so the iPad's will 'for sure' arrive tomorrow?

Yes. That's precisely what happened with the original iPad. I would guess Apple has made similar arrangements with the carriers this year as well. With the original iPad UPS showed up on my doorstep with my iPad at 8:00 on the nose. That year was a bit unique as the first release Apple scheduled Saturday deliveries for all those original WiFi units, but I'd guess this will work similarly (though obviously everyone won't receive theirs at 8:00 :p )

Reaction score
Mine is on its way:

Mar 15, 2012 5:34 AM
Arrived at FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Mar 14, 2012 11:10 PM
Left FedEx origin facility

MOUNT JULIET, TN
Mar 9, 2012 8:22 PM
Picked up
NASHVILLE, TN
Future delivery requested

Estimated delivery

Mar 16, 2012 by 3:00 PM

I wonder how many they had in the US all ready to go when the preorders went live?

Reaction score
Mine is on its way:

Mar 15, 2012 5:34 AM
Arrived at FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Mar 14, 2012 11:10 PM
Left FedEx origin facility

MOUNT JULIET, TN
Mar 9, 2012 8:22 PM
Picked up
NASHVILLE, TN
Future delivery requested

Estimated delivery

Mar 16, 2012 by 3:00 PM

I wonder how many they had in the US all ready to go when the preorders went live?

This is where mine has been too since the 10th. It seems like they had groups of them positioned around the country, and then as the pre orders dropped, they started assigning them to the pre orders. Mine was never in China.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All the shipping companies will hold for a specific date. With Apple being as large as they are, they had all the shippers lined up and ready to go.

Mine is also going Fedex and it also says by 3:00pm tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
My new iPad shipped late last night...

It's in Chengdu, China... estimated delivery is March 19th.

It just left Anchorage, AK...:Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine's been sitting at the sorting facility in Jamaica (Queens, not the island) since last night. I would think that all the trucks would be loaded and on their way by now, but I'm not in the shipping business.

Oops, never mind, Fedex just updated it and it was out on the truck at 8:30am! Soon come mon, as they'd say on the island of Jamaica (maybe, or is that a myth?)

Reaction score
Just Delivered!

UPS just delivered it! UPS driver said he had six more to deliver and was hoping everyone will be at home. Also said they were given instructions to try twice today, leave a delivery notice, and then go back on Saturday. They're trying their best to deliver them! This one's a gift for someone--who knows, I might eventually get one for myself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
UPS just delivered it! UPS driver said he had six more to deliver and was hoping everyone will be at home. Also said they were given instructions to try twice today, leave a delivery notice, and then go back on Saturday. They're trying their best to deliver them! This one's a gift for someone--who knows, I might eventually get one for myself!

As I said earlier, Apple had all this lined up. They want EVERY iPad to reach their customers as close to the same time as possible.

Reaction score
I thought mine was made by elves in an enchanted forest?!? They said it was magical.

Just watch out for those who are jealous for your precious!

gollum_ipad.jpg

Reaction score
Mmmmm…smell something cooking. Looks like there's a new cook in the kitchen. Might be baking up something good…or it might just be spam

Rest assured I won't be eating at THAT table.

BTW, I did notice they don't even have the 3rd Gen iPad listed on their site that I could see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.