Apple Store getting hammered, offline again. Anyone get a pre-order???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
I read Mar 16th to mean DELIVERED that day. It doesn't say shipped, it says delivered. They want everyone to get theirs the same day, whether at the store or bought online. They have DHL all ready to do mass delivery.

And one thing, everyone says they aren't calling it the iPad 3 or iPad HD, but the order says iPad 3rd generation.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I got up to the processing stage of the purchase and im still waiting for the email. Does delivers on March 16th means that i will have it that day? or it will ship on that day?

Based on everything I've seen in the past, that means it will be delivered on the 16th. When Apple allows pre-order they arrange for the carriers to drop it on your doorstep the same day it goes on sale. Also, the date has said the 16th since the Apple store reopened yesterday.

In the past Apple has gone back and adjusted delivery dates to a later time, but I just checked the store a minute aog and it still says the 16th, so either they're still figuring out when they'll actually hit your doorstep, or they have enough supply/less demand to actually deliver on day one still

Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like it will be delivered on the 16th so maybe expect it to ship on the 11th or 12th. EA Sports did the same method with NCAA Football 2004, but I ended up getting it a day early...I wonder if there's a chance shipping won't take as long as expected and some people get theirs early?

Reaction score
My first order was cancelled this morning, so I put in another order.

Anyways, it stills says it will deliver on the 16th, say that's good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Yeah - the message on my order says Delivers on March 16th via standard shipping. So I would expect it to show up on the 16th not ship on the 16th.

Reaction score
My first order was cancelled this morning, so I put in another order.

Anyways, it stills says it will deliver on the 16th, say that's good.

Did you call Apple? I got the same message, I think:

Order Date: Mar 07, 2012
Customer Name: XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPad purchase at the Apple Online Store.

While we appreciate your interest in the new iPad, we are unable
to process your order. Apple is unable to fulfill orders that exceed
the quantity limit per customer, or that ship to an international,
freight forwarder, or an APO/AFO address.

Your iPad order has been cancelled, and you will not be charged.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.
The Apple Online Store

Answers to many Apple Online Store questions can be found at
online Help: <http://store.apple.com/us/help>

I called apple because I knew that none of those conditions applied to me. And I also received this morning a confirmation that my camera adapter kit had already shipped from the same order. When I spoke to the representative, she indicated that my initial order was indeed already shipping and that it wasn't canceled and in fact it was already too late to cancel. I had almost placed another order, too, and I think I would have ended up with two iPads.
mathews_dontknow.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
Having two iPads wouldn't be such a bad thing, having two charges on your credit card is another story.

Reaction score
How long is it taking you all for your orders to process?

Exactly what do you mean by 'process'? If you refer to the amount of time to get an order confirmation on screen at the apple store, it took about 45 seconds as I recall. If you mean receiving a confirmation e-mail, that took several hours for me.

It was AFTER I got my order confirmation e-mail that I received a subsequent e-mail notifying me that my order was canceled. That's when I called 1-800-MY-APPLE and found out that my order actually was NOT canceled and was instead already prepped for shipping.

Hopefully the iPad shows up when it's supposed to next Friday!
mathews_thumbsup.gif

Reaction score
Does the confirmation email go the the billing email address or the shipping email address?

Reaction score
Does the confirmation email go the the billing email address or the shipping email address?

If they are 2 distinct addresses, I would assume the billing address, but I really can't say for sure since I only have one address on file with Apple.

Just call Apple and give them your name/address/e-mail. I'm sure they can look up your order even w/o an order number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still haven't gotten an email. I only had 1 email address - my Apple ID. That being said I can see my order under my account at store.apple.com - it does have an order number assigned - so I'm not too worried about not getting the email.

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten an email. I only had 1 email address - my Apple ID. That being said I can see my order under my account at store.apple.com - it does have an order number assigned - so I'm not too worried about not getting the email.

I haven't gotten an email yet either, but I had two emails listed - one under billing and another under shipping. I don't have access to the billing email account, so my email might have come, but I wouldn't know. On my first order, my order was being processed and then Apple cancelled on request of the bank. On my second order, it is now at 'preparing for shipment', so even though I haven't received the email either...I'm not worried about this order being cancelled this time round.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have preparing for shipment? Mine still says processing order - so maybe I do have to worry.

Reaction score
Mine shows shipped on the 8th with a FedEx tracking number that hasn't been scanned in yet. Arrival is set for the 16th, I'm assuming they will hold it back until that day even if it arrives near me before then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I placed my order the 7th - and I still have processing order. Now the interesting thing is I went through my company site - so that may be an issue too.

Reaction score
I placed my order the 7th - and I still have processing order. Now the interesting thing is I went through my company site - so that may be an issue too.

That seemed to be the issue with my order initially as well. When I called apple about the cancelation e-mail I received, the apple rep put me through to the business sales. It was there that they reassured me the e-mail was in err and that my oder was indeed placed. Got my shipping notification this morning @ 12:56am EST, so I am assuming the Apple CSR was correct!
mathews_thumbsup.gif

Reaction score
I placed an order online on the 7th and it went through the whole process. But, I have not yet received an e-mail confirmation. However, when I click on the UPS tracking link that was on the receipt for my order, it indicates my order was shipped on the 9th and is currently in Hong Kong, making its way to my shipping address, where it's supposed to be delivered on the 16th. Looks like it worked, to me!

Reaction score
I received an e-mail this morning that my iPad has shipped. Apple TV not yet though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.