• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple "It's Showtime" Even scheduled for Sept. 12th

S

sursuciofla

Greenredfield said:
I just spoke with an Apple sales rep, and he informed me that Apple no longer provides an Educational discount on iPods...

That is not cool, considering many schools are now doing podcasting and using ipods for educational purposes. I bet after the Buy Mac get free ipod promo is over they will discount again. That's one reason I bought my ipod photo 30gig. Don't think I will buy another ipod now unless they go to flash media in all their pods and they give discount again. I am considering the new shuffle though because that's a nice little gadget.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
sursuciofla said:
That is not cool, considering many schools are now doing podcasting and using ipods for educational purposes. I bet after the Buy Mac get free ipod promo is over they will discount again. That's one reason I bought my ipod photo 30gig. Don't think I will buy another ipod now unless they go to flash media in all their pods and they give discount again. I am considering the new shuffle though because that's a nice little gadget.
the regular iPods won't be flash for a while. Flash media has to reach higher capacities at cheaper costs before they decide to implement them in all of the lines

Reaction score
Greenredfield said:
I just spoke with an Apple sales rep, and he informed me that Apple no longer provides an Educational discount on iPods...

We never got one in the UK, s'long as the £100 rebate with a Mac stays until the deadline i'm good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
sursuciofla said:

Yeah, but with the price drops, the iPod is now cheaper than it was before with the education discount. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
still no "now playing" option... unless I'm blind :-(

Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:
if you listen to a lot of live recordings on your iPod you will notice that in between each song there is a gap between when the first song ends and the next song begins, when it is meant to flow like one single track

So its not like a crossfade where tracks overlap :blind:

I wish the ipod could do that becuase that would be great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No its just seamless. Crossfading would be very hard because the hard drive would have to have a good portion of the next song loaded into a buffer already

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
did anyone notice the ipod games link on the iTunes Store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
When do you think retailers will have the new iPods in stock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
i bet apple stores have em already. theyre pretty quick about product updates!

J

JKrouth

I dont mean to take attention from that subject but I was just thinking....

Wouldnt it be cool if you could link your mac mini to the itv? Then you would have an entertainment system, itunes, dvd player, movie streamer, and your osx right on your tv.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
JKrouth said:
I dont mean to take attention from that subject but I was just thinking....

Wouldnt it be cool if you could link your mac mini to the itv? Then you would have an entertainment system, itunes, dvd player, movie streamer, and your osx right on your tv.
thats pretty much the whole point of it (apart from OS X)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I can't believe it doesn't have S-video or composite video out ports... it's only for the newest TV's apparently. Which pretty much makes it unuseable to me, unless I can get some kind of conversion hardware. It's not out yet, so hopefully a lot more will change by the time it is released.

It would be nice to have a hard drive in it.. and a way to use EyeTV native files, instead of it being exported as a particular file type :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
So, is there a software update available for the current video iPods to implement the new interface and games?? cuz I'm looking on apple.com and I can't seem to find the software downloads for the iPods

OP
surfwax95
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Z mann R2 said:
So, is there a software update available for the current video iPods to implement the new interface and games?? cuz I'm looking on apple.com and I can't seem to find the software downloads for the iPods

The update is built into iTunes. Just connect your iPod and click Update.

The games cost $5. None are free.

Reaction score
Murlyn said:
I can't believe it doesn't have S-video or composite video out ports... it's only for the newest TV's apparently. Which pretty much makes it unuseable to me, unless I can get some kind of conversion hardware. It's not out yet, so hopefully a lot more will change by the time it is released.

It would be nice to have a hard drive in it.. and a way to use EyeTV native files, instead of it being exported as a particular file type :)

No S-Video, but I am pretty sure I saw Composite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
what exactly is different on the software update for the ipods?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The iTV has HDMI Digital and Component Video. Most modern monitor TV's have Component Video. There is no straight Composite nor SVideo.

OP
surfwax95
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Support for games. Instant search feature.

That's all I can think of...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.