Apple can make a powerbook g5 easily

OP
S
Reaction score
IChing said:
Digitimes have stated it was a misprint, don't forget to take your meds, calm down, have fun, the world is going to end according to the mayan calendar in 2012, (I have proof) so we have just 7 years left for apple improvements.

"wink, wink, nod,nod".....monty python.
Can I have the link to the misprint cause I dont see it anywhere????? Im at their site and they dont have it

OP
S
Reaction score
okay r-man howa bout this cause where on the same side well duhh we both love macs. I mkae a bet with if powerbook g5's dont come out by junne then ill rub it in ur face. JK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I can pretty much guarantee we won't see a G5 PowerBook before 2006...and that's at the very earliest.

You're much more likely to see the dual core G4 that Freestyle is working on come first.

And please for the love of all that's holy break your page long rants into paragraphs for easier reading. Pretty soon everyone will just start to ignore you since your postings are too hard to read. It would also be nice if you would just combine all your replies into one message instead of posting 3 or 4 times in a row.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
Wow you're quite creative

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
If you see a chip part number starting with "MPC" it is a Motorola or Freescale part not IBM.

The dual core "G5" from IBM is a derivative of the PPC 970FX called the PPC 970MP (boy they really come up with original names these days!), the projected power usage at 1.4Ghz model is 13watts and at 1.6Ghz is 16watts but I'm not sure if that is per core or for the whole processor as under light load the design will power down the core that is unused.

The MPC 8641 from freescale is a twin core G4 with similar FSB specs to the G5 (i.e 800Mz and up) and built in support for PCI-Express and SATA.

A Powerbook (or iBook) based around either of these would be awesome!

Amen-Moses

M

Mac N00b

Sexyboy said:
First of all ur worng! Apple g5 is coming in june the latest!

*Looks at date* *cough*
Although it is nice to think of a G5 PB, they would be insanely expensive. The current PB's go up into the $2000 range in Canadian dollars. Unless I am completly off base the new PBs would be even more expensive

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Mac N00b said:
*Looks at date* *cough*
Although it is nice to think of a G5 PB, they would be insanely expensive. The current PB's go up into the $2000 range in Canadian dollars. Unless I am completly off base the new PBs would be even more expensive

No, if Apple followed the usual process the prices stay the same, the specifications just increase. i.e the first G5 iMacs were basically the same prices as the outgoing G4 iMacs.

Oh and as to the date, I think there may be confusion between "IBM" and "Apple", IBM has recently announced these chips (which I was expecting based on the fact that it doesn't make an awful lot of sense to make a triple processor die for Microsoft and to not make a dual for retail use) but announcing that the chips are available (and showing them at a Tokyo trade fair) is a lot different from them actually being in a product.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.