• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A Wish for a Special Child....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I'll have the s/w cleaned, commented, and posted to a thread in the s/w area late tonight. It will be in a state where it can be reviewed, run, and tested by anyone. I'll have instructions for it too. It's a short command line python program that is run in Terminal.

I'm at work and have other s/w to write today. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'll have the s/w cleaned, commented, and posted to a thread in the s/w area late tonight. It will be in a state where it can be reviewed, run, and tested by anyone. I'll have instructions for it too. It's a short command line python program that is run in Terminal.

I'm at work and have other s/w to write today. ^_^

Awesome!!!!! I look forward to it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
OK everyone.... Just 5 tickets left!!! Once there is only 4 tickets available I'll post my PayPal Addy here... an EXTRA bonus will be that you'll be able to finally sleep at night knowing what my real name is (it's in my paypal addy) ;)

Ooooo...I simply can't wait!

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
A friend that works for fed-ex told me how expensive it is to ship to Canada, becuase of the exchange rates and so fourth, is there anyone here that can give me a rough estimate on how much it would be to ship an ipod touch (gave name for weight) from Miami to Ontario Canada (used ontario for an example)

Thanks, I just want to see the fees before i comit to selling tickets to our Canadian Mac-Forum peeps... Im pretty low on funds myself and I want to see what Im looking at...

Thanks

Reaction score
A friend that works for fed-ex told me how expensive it is to ship to Canada, becuase of the exchange rates and so fourth, is there anyone here that can give me a rough estimate on how much it would be to ship an ipod touch (gave name for weight) from Miami to Ontario Canada (used ontario for an example)

Thanks, I just want to see the fees before i comit to selling tickets to our Canadian Mac-Forum peeps... Im pretty low on funds myself and I want to see what Im looking at...

Thanks

according to www.usps.com 40 oz, which i would say is way more than the ipod would cost $10.
but check it out, cos im not used to US postal services seeing as i dont live there. i send things from Canada to UK and back and its never very expensive for small things like that.
so doesnt sound too expensive.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
according to www.usps.com 40 oz, which i would say is way more than the ipod would cost $10.
but check it out, cos im not used to US postal services seeing as i dont live there. i send things from Canada to UK and back and its never very expensive for small things like that.
so doesnt sound too expensive.

Thats great to hear..... Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
it still only says $10 for powerbook but i took the penut butter challenge, can you put me down for another ticket?

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it still only says $10 for powerbook but i took the penut butter challenge, can you put me down for another ticket?

Fixed sorry about that PB

$30.00 Cheesybanana (Mac-Forums)
$30.00 RIDE (Mac-Forums)
$40.00 Mathogre (Mac-Forums)
$20.00 babarnette (Mac-Forums)
$20.00 Aptmunich (Mac-Forums)
$10.00 Netty4mac (Mac-Forums)
$10.00 Nicole T. (my co-worker)
$10.00 Ito M. (my co-worker)
$10.00 Nina R. ( My neighbor)
$20.00 Robert L. (co-worker)
$40.00 Cherokee (Mac-Forums)
$40.00 RMAN (Mac Forums)
$10.00 Mylo (mac-forums) - I wil SHip no worries anywhere in us
$10.00 nokialed (mac Forums)
$10.00 Rolando E. (John's Neighbor)
$20.00 PowerbookG4 (Mac-Forums)
$10.00 Skye (Mac-Forums)
$10.00 ikitten (Mac-Forums)
$10.00 Ryan13 (Mac Forums)
$10.00 MacHeadcase (Mac-Forums)
$10.00 XMARLTONX (Mac-Forums)

Goal: $420.00
Total So far: $380.00
$40.00 Left to reach Goal

Only 4 Tickets Left!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
OK.... ONLY 4 TICKETS LEFT!!!!!

We're almost there... Kudo's to everyone!!!!

You can start Paypaling the money... ***Please, Please leave your Mac-Forums user name in the Notes section, so I know where it came from***
Also, please make it easy on me... just paypal 1 time. If you owe $30 for 3 tickets, just send $30 not 3 times at $10. :D

Mathogre will be posting his Geekified random number generator late tonight, and once all tickets are sold and paid for we will do the drawing.

Without further adieu my Paypal addy is......

[email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
LOL!!!! you "know know"? ;):D:D:D

Reaction score
Ride... or 13... or whatever you name is... Money has been sent! :D

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
JARAD!!!!! LOL

Im not going to be able to collect the money from my co-workers until Tuesday they are in a seminar... l didnt want to hold their money either until the raffle... if you guys and gals dont want to wait let me know and I will put their tickets back up for sale... waiting a little longer wont make a diffrence at this point..

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Tuesday's fine.... or if they are good for it... spot them the money.

I have received full payment from the following people:
Skye: $10
Cherokee: $40

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tuesday's fine.... or if they are good for it... spot them the money.

I have received full payment from the following people:
Skye: $10
Cherokee: $40

I have a feeling its going to take a couple of weeks to collect peoples money... some are mailing it... but its ok..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Hey ride, just sent my payment.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
RIDE, my payment is also on the way. Look for the Hulk stamp. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.