• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who here has the greatest job?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I work at Firehouse Subs. Pretty good sandwich shop. Problem is I only make $6.25 an hour.

It's easy as **** though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 white book with some niffty icons
I'm a welder/Carman for train cars. I do what ever the work order says to do. It's heavy dangerous work. But I like to see the work I have done t the end of the day.
I help to teach the young guys how to work safely as I am the safety rep.
Best of all I am 2 minutes from home so that I can see my wonderful wife and kids.

Pay is not great but pays most of the bills.
Also I volunteer for a youth group high school aged.

And my siggy says it all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If anyone can tell me a job that is technical in nature, like computer related, offers a lot of travel, and decent pay, please let me know and that will be my greatest job.

The best job of my life so far has been my old job in college working in catering. It was flexible hours, $9 an hour pay and plenty of free, usually decent, food. The whole job was basically picking up and putting down plates in front of people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I work for CB Richard Ellis (Commercial Real Estate) in the Finance Headquarters for Australia & New Zealand. The people I work with are great and the work is engaging. I'm currently in Accounts Receivable. Student doing Accounting at University too - juggle juggle! However love my job and my partner so couldn't be happier!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
My job is difficult and rewarding. I love it and yet it is frustrating, scary and sometimes mystifying. I am a friend, husband and a father. Money is often needed but seldom necessary. Enough said!! as I said, I love my job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.16 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB Harddrive | Power Mac G4 Dual 500 MHz 160 GB Harddrive
I work for Dalhousie University while attending another university during the school year, so i get to live at Dalhousie for free. I get paid to babysit drunk first year students and counsel them when needed. It's not the worst job but it's not the best.
During the summer I work at a museum in Ontario doing advertising and signage. So I get paid to play on photoshop and illustrator while listening to music all day long. Best summer job I've ever had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Blimey

Am I the first Graphic Designer on this post (Mac stereotype)

I am a freelance designer, working around and in London. I love my job, I go to different companies and meet new people, the pay is good and if I don't like a boss, I just make a note not to work there again.

Quite lucky I guess, I seem to have a lot of demand for my work so have the luxury of turning down a job if I don't like it.

Bit jealous of the car people though, love mucking around with cars but don't know enough to do the serious stuff, leave the complicated stuff to my mechanic (who is a fantastic guy and great mechanic by the way)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
My job as a cameraman with NBC News is the ultimate job for me. I look forward to everyday - as one might imagine, no two days are ever the same. I see a lot of negative, and I see a lot of good, covering the local news. There are many heart warming stories reported at this time of the year. The pay is excellent, as are the benefits. This is my dream job, and there is no job that I would rather do, day in, and day out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I'm a sales assistant at a mesnwear store, Fletcher Jones in Warringah Mall. I get paid well and the work is easy... but it's just a part time job until I finish my graphic design course =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I manage the 20 million dollars my grandfather left me... seriously

I can't lie, I'm pretty jealous of your job. If you need a hand managing any of that, let me know!

I kind of hold two jobs.

1) Studying Criminal Deviance at Virginia Tech.

2) Blowing things up in the Marine Corps.

Unfortunately I don't get to do the first one again until I get back from Iraq. Just another 8 months though :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
Before retiring from Disney I think I had a fantastic job - I drove boats bringing people from their hotels and the parking lot to the Magic Kingdom. I went to work to play - not work. Free admission to Disney, discounts, etc., etc. I still get the free admission and discounts, etc.

Papa, I probably know some of your former managers. How long ago did you retire?

I work at Walt Disney World as well, in Labor Operations, providing support to managers in areas such as leaves of absence, terminations, etc. I used to work at Port Orleans Resort with a team that included schedulers and time entry clerks, but now they've centralized Labor Operations so I work in an office backstage at Epcot, and help to support leaders propertywide.

Sometimes it has its headaches, like any job, but how many people can say they work at the Happiest Place on Earth? My husband and I take advantage of the perks of being able to get into the parks and enjoy them. I know some people who never go to the parks, so maybe to them it's just another job, but I enjoy what I do. I really like the leader I'm working for now, she and I get along great. So I'd say I have a pretty great job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Just a gigolo, everywhere I go
People know the part I'm playing
Paid for every dance
Selling each romance
Every night some heart betraying
There will come a day
Youth will pass away
Then what will they say about me
When the end comes I know
They'll say just a gigolo
As life goes on without me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.