• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who here has the greatest job?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
I am a Chef. I like the hours. I'm so not a 9-5 guy. And I also get all the left over food from each day well part of to so most nights I don't have to cook dinner for myself. And I don't have to deal with any customers directly. I'm loving it.

we have to run our own food at Rembrant's(we dont have waiters per-say) . It's usually pretty cool to meet who is eating what you prepared. It can get crazy though sometimes. Some things are self serve(water, straws, black coffee, etc.) and customers dont get that so they ask us to do stuff they are supposed to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2Ghz iMac w/ glossy screen
Alrighty then... Let me get in on this ;D

I work as an MRI Engineer.

Even though I DO drive to work, I have a Company Car, with everything Paid for. From Gas, Maintenance, to Car Wash and Insurance.... and oh did I mention I get to use it on personal Time.

I haven't paid for gas in about 4.5 years.

When it comes to the Boss, he is a pretty nice guy, see him every now and then no biggie.

Cable Internet is Free.

Cell Phone is Free.

Land Line is Free.

Company Dell Laptop. But like yourself I use my MacBook to get all my work done (Much faster that way.)

I make enough Money for me and my whole family to live very comfortably (family of 7, paying 2 rents, utilities.. etc, etc.)

I get Employee Pricing on GM, Daimler Chrysler, Apple, and whole host of other companies from clothing to furniture, even Food and Wine ;D

But the best part of it all. I know that when I patient goes to have a scan on one of My MRIs that my work on that system helps the Doctors cure their illnesses, and thats a feeling that is worth Millions... at least to me.

So Heck yeah I love my Job, its a different challenge everyday and I help a lot of people through it.

It might not be the greatest job in your view, but as for me I know it just simply Rocks.

And oh one more thing. At 24 years old I am the Youngest MRI Engineer in the Country... :D
my dad does the same thing, but i didn't think he could get all that stuff o_O maybe its all about location..

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my job allows me to house and feed my family, and they are what really makes me happy and fulfilled.

OP
Sgt Beavis
Reaction score
Alrighty then... Let me get in on this ;D

I work as an MRI Engineer.

Even though I DO drive to work, I have a Company Car, with everything Paid for. From Gas, Maintenance, to Car Wash and Insurance.... and oh did I mention I get to use it on personal Time.

I haven't paid for gas in about 4.5 years.

When it comes to the Boss, he is a pretty nice guy, see him every now and then no biggie.

Cable Internet is Free.

Cell Phone is Free.

Land Line is Free.

Company Dell Laptop. But like yourself I use my MacBook to get all my work done (Much faster that way.)

I make enough Money for me and my whole family to live very comfortably (family of 7, paying 2 rents, utilities.. etc, etc.)

I get Employee Pricing on GM, Daimler Chrysler, Apple, and whole host of other companies from clothing to furniture, even Food and Wine ;D

But the best part of it all. I know that when I patient goes to have a scan on one of My MRIs that my work on that system helps the Doctors cure their illnesses, and thats a feeling that is worth Millions... at least to me.

So Heck yeah I love my Job, its a different challenge everyday and I help a lot of people through it.

It might not be the greatest job in your view, but as for me I know it just simply Rocks.

And oh one more thing. At 24 years old I am the Youngest MRI Engineer in the Country... :D

Dude, your job DOES ROCK! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.6
I'm a Voice/Data Network Technician at a relatively large insurance company. I primarily work on M/A/C, project, and upgrade work for our AVAYA PBXs throughout Michigan. From a data standpoint, I'm also the on-site contact for the Cisco, ADC, Enterasys, GEOTEL, and CMS equipment. We also rotate on-call every other week...some week's good, some week's bad!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Sgt. Beavis, you mentioned you get GM employee pricing, but it looks like you drive a Ford Mustang. Just an observation.

With such a great job and your hinting at it being a area of opportunity, maybe you can let us in on how we can go about getting such a job:L education, business sector?

To the two guys who said you can't get a job b/c you're 14, you're just not trying hard enough. There's plenty of work out there if you're willing to work. Except for my first year of college and my time now in grad school, I've working constantly since age 12. I started out with a paper route year-round and corn detassling and cutting Christmas trees in the summer time. Horrible work, little pay, but great expereince.

The funnest job I ever had was doing catering in college. Free food, worked when I wanted, and didn't have to do anything but put plates in front of people and fill glasses. I would highly recommend it for anyone in college, especially for the free food part of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I am currently at work right now.

I am getting paid to hang out with a kid who has special needs.

Right now he is playing Wii and I am watching.

Reaction score
my job allows me to house and feed my family, and they are what really makes me happy and fulfilled.

I like that man.

I just left my old job at the University(bye-bye edu discount). I don't miss it.

I'm pretty excited, and a bit nervous, about starting out again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
Wow! Glad to see people out there with good/great jobs and others in school. I should have stayed in school :(

I should have went to college instead of a course here and there.

I work in a foundry. We make engine/head castings for a major tractor company...not too hard to figure out. Great money, but I need a change in my life.

MinaMACMan, what medical company?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I am currently at work right now.

I am getting paid to hang out with a kid who has special needs.

Right now he is playing Wii and I am watching.

You don't sound so happy about that.

I am a United States Marine, a student at Virginia Tech, and a waiter at the Seaville Tavern.

Unfortunately I have to stop the two latter ones for a year, headed of to Iraq here shortly... :p

Reaction score
I'm a technical consultant / sys admin for a physically "small" company.

We do CMS systems on Filenet, Oracle etc.

I use a alot of virtualization software on a regular basis - Why didn't I buy shares in VMWARE?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
You don't sound so happy about that.

I am a United States Marine, a student at Virginia Tech, and a waiter at the Seaville Tavern.

Unfortunately I have to stop the two latter ones for a year, headed of to Iraq here shortly... :p

Thank you for serving wc! USN 87-91/AD (jet engine mechanic) stationed 3.5 years Philippines.

p.s. where does the nick come from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I work outside 99% of the time tinkering around with cars. My uniform consists of long work pants, and a long sleeve button up shirt. I get paid for the amount of work I do, so sometimes I clock in 60+ hours a week.
Work starts at 8AM and I sometimes don't come home until 8PM.
I have to deal with people who think they know all there is to know about cars, but don't even know how to check their brake fluid. I have to deal with spoiled rich kids who drive crazy hooked up cars, and tell them why and how they wore out their clutch.
My work area happens to be where the air compressor is, so I get 15 minute intervals of silence, then 15 minute intervals of 'OMG its so loud I can't hear myself think' noise.
I work constantly on the clock, trying to finish work in a set amount of time.
Some days I sweat so much that my dark colored shirt actually gets stained white from the salt that my sweat leaves behind.
My hands are always dirty with grease, and all sorts of smudge and gunk but I refuse to wear gloves because I have to work with small screws and sensors and the sort.
I come home just wreaking of sweat, oil, sometimes gasoline.

But I get all you can drink freeze dried nasty coffee and tea, and free donuts every friday.
And I make loads of money for my age. :$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Own my own remote server compound w/ over 1400 data servers in active state along w/ my uncle and his friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
You are on the 'darkside' then, lmao. My g/f works for Philips. :Cool: She was just starting to like you too! :Mischievous:

LOL... You got that wrong though. I am on the Light Side. GE Rocks ;P

You should tell your g/f to come and join the Bright Shining Star of GE HealthCare :D

Out of curiosity what does she do for philips.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I'm a technical consultant / sys admin for a physically "small" company.

We do CMS systems on Filenet, Oracle etc.

I use a alot of virtualization software on a regular basis - Why didn't I buy shares in VMWARE?!

50% of my business is owned by EMC2 (company that ported VMWARE).

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I work outside 99% of the time tinkering around with cars. My uniform consists of long work pants, and a long sleeve button up shirt. I get paid for the amount of work I do, so sometimes I clock in 60+ hours a week.
Work starts at 8AM and I sometimes don't come home until 8PM.
I have to deal with people who think they know all there is to know about cars, but don't even know how to check their brake fluid. I have to deal with spoiled rich kids who drive crazy hooked up cars, and tell them why and how they wore out their clutch.
My work area happens to be where the air compressor is, so I get 15 minute intervals of silence, then 15 minute intervals of 'OMG its so loud I can't hear myself think' noise.
I work constantly on the clock, trying to finish work in a set amount of time.
Some days I sweat so much that my dark colored shirt actually gets stained white from the salt that my sweat leaves behind.
My hands are always dirty with grease, and all sorts of smudge and gunk but I refuse to wear gloves because I have to work with small screws and sensors and the sort.
I come home just wreaking of sweat, oil, sometimes gasoline.

But I get all you can drink freeze dried nasty coffee and tea, and free donuts every friday.
And I make loads of money for my age. :$

so you are indeed our resident non-poseur car expert. :)
i have the utmost respect for people who make a living with their hands, you guys are pretty much the only people who aren't leeches on society. ;)

so... if i have a slow leak in a 9 year old stock cast aluminum wheel, is it pretty much headed for the dump, or is there a way to fix that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.