youtube downloader

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
downloaded..... 1clickyoutube video downloader.....and it worked great. have file now and am so happy.
thank you. was so easy.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
can anyone help me figure out why i do not see the download button with above youtube video/audio downloader?

Sorry lori5060, I'm not always on line and i admit the extension is perhaps a little less that intuitive. To download what ever You Tube clip you are watching (and remember I'm using this on Firefox) you get a Red box divided into four quarters when you click on the menubar icon, to download you click the Open You Tube square. Once a connection to the site has been established the same box changes to Quick Download and the little set of bars (top right in that square) allows you to choose format and quality.
Believe me this is a dependable and useful extension, you just need to do a little trial and error experimentation.

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problem rod
I too am not always on line. I just needed something which was easy and 1click did it for me.
Thanks for detailed info tho it may be useful in future

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
No worries lori5060, it took me 5-6 tries before I found the one I'm using and the one that lifesabeach recommended works very well with the Opera browser I'm using. This is why I specified Firefox, different browsers, different addons but I dont use Firefox much myself. Glad you got what you wanted in the end.
Best regards,
Rod

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I provided a link to it already. It's the same developer as ClickToFlash. I would uninstall ClickToFlash before installing ClickToPlugin. CTP has the same functionality as CTF, and much more, of course.

finally getting back to this.....
i clicked on link and downloaded click to plugin 3.2
in my downloads folder and dragged to apps folder
when i go into safari...look in extension tab...it shows the plugin

but when go into youtube and view a movie...do not see the download button as i thought would be there.

what else do i need to do?
or what have i done wrong?

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
am back again...i read back on some older posts and replys. i see that at some point i was successful.

I figured out that i had installed and used firefox...in which the addon/extension 1-clickyoutube video downloader
was easily found and installed. i had totally forgotten about firefox.

all is well.

Reaction score
I use to be able to download youtube video with click to plug in, and now I get this. Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 1.37.58 PM.png

Is there something wrong?

M

MacInWin

What changed between "I used to be able to download" and "now I get this?" What did you do? Upgrade? Update? What changed? It's hard to guess, but I would say lacking any other information that you updated or upgraded and now don't have Adobe Flash installed, so your browser is asking for HTML5 video that isn't there. Or you could have a blocker installed that prevents video, or any of a dozen other things. We need more information.

Reaction score
Hi MacInWin...thanks for the reply....I did not change anything...only lately, I am not able to download youtube video anymore if click to plug in is checked....except when my HDD crashed the shop upgraded my OS from Maverick to ElCapitan.......now I remember....if I uncheck click to plug in, the you tube video will run but I will not be able to download the video...

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 1.55.33 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.