Youtube Channel Can't Access - Tried all my email addresses?

Reaction score
I've got a Youtube channel and I want to delete it and its content. But, I can't find the email address/Google Account that goes with it? I have four other Google accounts + my wife's. The videos were posted 11-12 years ago, and that's probably when I last accessed it. The only info I have is the Channel name.

Without the email or an associated telephone number there doesn't appear to be a way of getting to it?

Any ideas? Thanks

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks Lisa. Still can't get it - because I can't remember the email address or the name I used? You'd think they'd just send me a message to the email address? If it even exists anymore, I didn't realise I'd had so many over the years....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I understand. Years ago I would use the email address my internet provider gave me. I then discovered when I changed internet providers I lost the email address. It was a major pain as I could never remember who I had to notify of my new address. It took me a couple of provider changes to catch on that I needed an address from a neutral email service.

Every now and then I still run across a site that still has one of my old addresses. The only way to update it is to retrieve the info they will send to the email address that no longer works! Sorry!

Lisa

OP
R
Reaction score
This is pants. I was using the channel to promote my business (years ago), and the 'animations' are the worst most amateurish I've ever seen. Now it seems they will be forever associated with my business! I can only hope they don't show up in Youtube searches. I only remembered I did them when they popped up in my timeline today (another account of course)....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I'm surprised the name on the account is not listed on the page with the videos? I avoid YouTube at all costs, but I know most have the posters information on the ones I did watch.

OP
R
Reaction score
I've got an old Youtube channel and I can't gain access to it - forgotten PW, email, username, ETC.

I really need to delete my old videos in this channel. Due to lack of access they're there for all to see forever...

So thinking outside the box, I wondered if I can get the content banned by Youtube? It is actually copyright sensitive (I had the appropriate permission at the time), so it may be possible to flag this and get the content erased?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What would I have to say to Youtube to get some action, if any? I'd approach them from one of my other unrelated channels.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Threads merged - Please do NOT create a separate thread for the exact same issue!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Knowing your old email address may in all likelihood be no help because You Tube will probably want to send a confirmation link to that address to change your password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Can you post a link to a video?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.