• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

You know you're having a bad day when...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
You're walking out to the parking garage to find your car to go to work when you see this...

Photo_0009.jpg

Some jerk stole the rims and tires from my car if the photo didn't give enough description. Looks like I will be selling my iBook to pay for it all.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I am sorry to hear about your car! is that a delsol? I work at a honda dealer, is there some way I could help?

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, i got a 95 del Sol S.
Not unless you can catch the guy. I suspect someone in my building.
It's going to cost a ton for replacements but I am sad because I really loved my rims. They were factory Honda 14" slotted 5's from a 99 EX w/ ABS. I've only seen 2 Civics with these rims. It'd take a long time to get them replaced and I don't want to miss work tomorrow too. :-(
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I hope the jerks who did this get caught, I cant stand how people can be heartless enough to steal from others without even thinking twice about what happens to the victim.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
That's well out of order.

Will your Insurance Company not cover it?

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's well out of order.

Will your Insurance Company not cover it?
No, I have liability only because it's so old.

What my rims looked like....

nds02.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Yea, i got a 95 del Sol S.
Not unless you can catch the guy. I suspect someone in my building.
It's going to cost a ton for replacements but I am sad because I really loved my rims. They were factory Honda 14" slotted 5's from a 99 EX w/ ABS. I've only seen 2 Civics with these rims. It'd take a long time to get them replaced and I don't want to miss work tomorrow too. :-(
Bryan

I could get the rims for you at a good price.. the only bad part would be shipping..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That's terrible. Who would have guessed that some thief would want 14" factory rims (no offense intended). I'd imagine there'd be more valuable targets out there. Did you have wheel locks? I know it's easy to find keys for them, but it might deter the less sophisticated criminals.

Are there any junkyards in your area where you might be able to pick up some used rims?

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's cool but thanks. Maybe it'd be nice to get something a little bigger to eliminate the large gap between the wheel well and my tire. It looked like I could have been off-roading with those things.
Bryan

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's terrible. Who would have guessed that some thief would want 14" factory rims (no offense intended). I'd imagine there'd be more valuable targets out there. Did you have wheel locks? I know it's easy to find keys for them, but it might deter the less sophisticated criminals.

Are there any junkyards in your area where you might be able to pick up some used rims?

Meh, the rubber was what was valuable. There were some nice Dunlop performance tires hugging those rims. None taken. I liked them. There are a few similar model year Civics in the garage here so someone could have just taken them for spares or for racing. And yea, there was a scion tc next to me, and some other cars with custom rims prime for the taking. Mine was the only hit. People are out to get owners of del Sols. This isn't the first time it's been vandalized and there are plenty more nicer cars in the lot.

I did not. I didn't think anyone would care 14" either. I've been delaying the alarm thing for awhile. So it looks like I'll be dropping some into that and the locks today. If I can get stuff today.

There is a pull it yourself place a few miles away but I'd have no way to get the tires back to my place. I guess I could uHaul it up for a few hours.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Thats Awful I had my Airbags stolen from my Car outside my house. I can sympathize with you . Luckily the insurance picked up the 3,700 dollar bill. I hope they do the same for you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Stuff like that p*sses me off! How can people become so low to steal stuff from other people when it's not rightfully theirs? I'm sure you've worked your rear-end off to get those..

That reminds me of something. I was in an accident (totally not my fault), and when my car was taken to the impound.. My gf's dad went to go clean our stuff out of it, and I had this checkerboard fedora-type hat that I paid almsot $100 USD.. It was stolen.. As well as my gf's parking pass for her school which was almost $100 CDN as well..

What is this world coming to? How can some one just walk up to a car and steal some one's rims?

I hope the people who did this get caught.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Meh, the rubber was what was valuable. There were some nice Dunlop performance tires hugging those rims. None taken. I liked them. There are a few similar model year Civics in the garage here so someone could have just taken them for spares or for racing.

I did not. I didn't think anyone would care 14" either. I've been delaying the alarm thing for awhile. So it looks like I'll be dropping some into that and the locks today. If I can get stuff today.

There is a pull it yourself place a few miles away but I'd have no way to get the tires back to my place. I guess I could uHaul it up for a few hours.
Bryan

That just ticks me off to no end, let's hope that what comes around does indeed go around.

I dropped my wife off at the Toyota dealer a few weeks ago to have her car serviced and noticed that a nice, used Acura Integra was sitting there, on the dealer's lot on blocks. Someone had stolen the factory rims. I'm sure the dealer is insured, but I can't imagine having the kind of nerve it takes to walk out in the middle of a public place and just take someone's stuff. Unbelievable. I truly hope they get what they deserve.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
WOW B man... thats just terrible.

Good Luck replacing them, hopefully with something better.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Dude that sucks, sorry to hear. I'm surprised they went after your car after hearing there was a tC right next to you. I'd personally want the tC rims. Hopefully they get caught.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
:eek: That's a bit scary! What about in crowded parking lots, when you can barely squeeze into your car because someone has pulled in too closely?

BBQ O:) O:) .. Sorry that was a bit rotten of me. Still when you have something like this happen you think all sorts of "If Onlys" I had loads of evil thoughts when it happened to me O:) O:)

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My parking lot is small. It's tough to get larger vehicles in the lot. There is a car still next to mine on one side at least.
Where my vehicle is parked (on the second level) it cannot be seen at all from street level.
Bryan

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Photo_0011.jpg

I only had to drop close to $800 for them but they're pretty sweet. Now I need the alarm.
I forgot to get a shot with my apple sticker in the rear window. Sorry :-(
Stupid Kids!!
Bryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.