Yosemite vs, Kindle

Reaction score
Has anybody found a way to recover Kindle Library from Yosemite. I downloaded Yosemite prematurely, apparently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Has anybody found a way to recover Kindle Library from Yosemite. I downloaded Yosemite prematurely, apparently.

I have no idea from reading this what it is you want to accomplish. What problems are you having? Please include system specs and the version numbers of your software, especially any Kindle software in place.

OP
Y
Reaction score
kindle problem

---Quote (Originally by yragtnarg)---
---End Quote---
I have no idea from reading this what it is you want to accomplish. What problems are you having?
Will not open Kindle, hence, my accomplishment would be to access my kindle library.

Please include system specs and the version numbers of your software
Version 10.10.1

especially any Kindle software in place.(2)
Basic Kindle app.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.44f0
Is this enough to help find a solution???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I had the same problem. Apparently Amazon has not updated their Kindle app instructions for Yosemite. Your Kindle library is never lost as it's stored by Amazon under your user name and password. Just re-download the Kindle app from Amazon, install it, and your library will magically appear again. Just make sure you log on Amazon with the correct username and password. ;)

OP
Y
Reaction score
Sounded so easy! I could not find Kindle for Mac at Amazon? I was logged into my account, too. It has the app for Android, but not for Mac.
What's the deal with that? Maybe I should direct that to Amazon, not the Forum.
Thanks for the try, anyway.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You won't find the App at the Amazon site. Launch the Mac App Store (not iTunes Store) and enter Kindle in the search box. t will be the first hit.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually the Kindle app for the Mac is available from both the Mac App store and from here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, glad to hear it worked for you. When it happened to me, I got real upset because I had a load of Kindle books I had paid for in addition to ones that were free. Good reading! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.