Yosemite mixed up Apple ID

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
After upgrading to Yosemite, it shows a long defunct email as my Apple ID. Went to my Apple ID account, and the defunct email doesn't show up at all, so I can't delete it. Meantime, I can't access AirDrop or iCloud. How to solve this please?

M

MacInWin

Ah, I don't use it, so I cannot help you in that, sorry. I did invoke it on my MBP, but it didn't ask or suggest any credentials (login/password) so I can't duplicate your situation here. Maybe someone else can help more.

OP
rainbowcat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, I don't use it, so I cannot help you in that, sorry. I did invoke it on my MBP, but it didn't ask or suggest any credentials (login/password) so I can't duplicate your situation here. Maybe someone else can help more.

Thank you for trying! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Save all the hassles and limitations of Apple's methods if you're tying to do some file sharing etc. and use Dropbox, BitTorrent or BitTorrent Sync or another similar Utility instead.

To get your Apple ID sorted out and working, you'll probably need to call Apple tech support.

OP
rainbowcat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Save all the hassles and limitations of Apple's methods if you're tying to do some file sharing etc. and use Dropbox, BitTorrent or BitTorrent Sync or another similar Utility instead.

To get your Apple ID sorted out and working, you'll probably need to call Apple tech support.

I was afraid I'd need to call Apple, as the error is on their end. Sigh. I do use Dropbox and such, but I'm teaching a course, and part of it is using AirDrop.

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.