Yosemite and Wi-fi question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2008 Macbook 2.4 Core 2 duo 8G Of Ram 240G OWC SSD
Hi, I have yosemite installed on my macbook and ever since I installed it, If I stop using my laptop long enough for it to go to sleep, the wifi shuts off. It never did this prior to installing Yosemite. Is this normal for Yosemite?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The WiFi should shut off when the Mac goes to sleep, but it should re-connect when you wake it back up..

OP
drumvudu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2008 Macbook 2.4 Core 2 duo 8G Of Ram 240G OWC SSD
The WiFi should shut off when the Mac goes to sleep, but it should re-connect when you wake it back up..

Well, yea, I could see that. The problem is that either it's not reconnecting or it's taking forever cause half the time I end up doing it myself. It's not a natural flow whatsoever.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Yosemite 10.10.1 update was supposed to address the WiFi problems that many users of Yosemite were experiencing. According to Macworld and several other on line articles, the 10.10.1 update fixed some and broke others. In other words, WiFi problems are still a problem with Yosemite. Look for another fix from Apple when they release 10.10.2. And no, I do not know when that will happen. :(

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
With both my rMBP and iMac, WiFi reconnects each time I wake up the devices and don't have to do it manually. The iMac has gone through a bunch of OS' from Snow Leopard->Lion->Mountain Lion->Mavericks->Yosemite and its worked through them all. The rMBP has gone from Mavericks->Yosemite and also works without any issues..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.