Yahoo Mail outgoing (offline)

Reaction score
I have several email accounts using Mail on my MacBook Air with OSX 10.9.5. My Yahoo account (IMAP) receives emails just fine but nothing gets sent and the account settings show (offline) only for the outgoing portion. Any ideas on how to change that?

M

MacInWin

I know you've had that for a while. About the only thing I can think of is to delete the account, then re-create it with all the server/account/password information again. Something is not getting you logged into the outbound server at Yahoo.

OP
C
Reaction score
Jake,
Thanks, this is the weirdest thing I've seen. I've tried deleting the account and recreating it numerous times. Sometimes it works for a little while, then I loose the ability to send although still receive. Just now it has gone back to receiving and then immediately the message is gone to who knows where???? Unfortunately it has bit me several times as I think things are working only to find out an important email didn't leave the computer.

Reaction score
Not just you. We (Husband and I) have a number of personal and professional accounts. They go down. A lot, sometimes.

I was advised to change them over to apple accounts, and was wondering if that would improve things. And if so, what the best process was. Obviously “create the accounts” is the first step, but after that...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.