• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

WWDC 2007 keynote announced

M

MacHeadCase

Apple published a press release today that gives a date for the WWDC 2007 kick-off which will be presented by none other than our very own His Steveness. Steve Jobs to Kick Off Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference 2007:

Apple® today announced that Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO, will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 11, 2007 at San Francisco’s Moscone West. At WWDC, Apple plans to show developers a feature complete version of Mac OS® X Leopard and give them a beta copy to take home for final testing. Leopard is scheduled to ship in October. ...

Ok is it me or is the WWDC presentation being held earlier than usual this year? Wasn't it usually in September or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I agree. It seems something is up. And we'll find out what whhen we see the WWDC keynote. And I wonder what could be in 10.5 that we don't already know about. I just hope this keynote is a little more computer (hard/soft wares) than the iphone keynote.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Me too!! I'm tired of hearing about the iphone. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Its usually in the june/july area

OP
M

MacHeadCase

DOH! It is? I was sure it was held later. Well that may very well be.

Oh and guys let's not get our hopes up for plenty of new hardware, here. The WWDC means Worldwide Developers Conference and is usually for software anyway. Doesn't mean there can't be any new hardware though but the conference's main focus is usually software.

Reaction score
Maybe they are planning on releasing Leopard on the original schedule? I heard rumors about a 15" Mac Book, maybe a iMac overhaul? And (just what I'd like to see) an appletv and a mini wrapped into one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Maybe they are planning on releasing Leopard on the original schedule? I heard rumors about a 15" Mac Book, maybe a iMac overhaul? And (just what I'd like to see) an appletv and a mini wrapped into one?

It's doubtful that they would announce that the release date has changed, and then pull a fast one and release it anyway. That kind of action completely throws the customer base for a loop, and it actually hurts customer confidence in product.

We can also hope that the delay for Leopard might mean some new additions that they wanted to make, but didn't have the time until the delay was announced. ::shrug::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
it is normaly june but i think there is also something in september or october. - isnt there something from apple in January time
?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
I have to wait so long before I buy my iMac.

(I am planning to wait until after the WWDC and after the release of Leopard to make my investment.)

I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Maybe they are planning on releasing Leopard on the original schedule?

I spend too much time thinking about conspiracies, so i thought, what if they actually release Leopard in June as established? Although Apple's stocks have been going up steadily, there hasn't been a huge increase during the keynotes as the previous year. The iPhone and all its glory was no surprise, the same goes for apple TV, IMHO Apple needs to surprise, it is part of the tradition. After they anounced Leopard was going to be delayed the stocks went down, just imagine how much would they increase if they release it before the new schedule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I spend too much time thinking about conspiracies, so i thought, what if they actually release Leopard in June as established? Although Apple's stocks have been going up steadily, there hasn't been a huge increase during the keynotes as the previous year. The iPhone and all its glory was no surprise, the same goes for apple TV, IMHO Apple needs to surprise, it is part of the tradition. After they anounced Leopard was going to be delayed the stocks went down, just imagine how much would they increase if they release it before the new schedule.

It wouldn't. Like i said before, if a company can't put together and schedule and stick to it, it hurts customer confidence. So if they said june...then said october...and October is the plan...and then they suprise release it in June...they're going to have a bunch of upset customers, because Apple would look not so smart. If they issue more PREVIEW copies than normal during the summer, THAT would be smart, and drive anticipation...one of the primary keys to a product's sales.

Actually, the fact that they announced the delay MONTHS before the prior scheduled release date adds to their credit in my estimation. Would anyone rather they announced the delay the week before the original release date in June? Lots of folks would be mad at that time.

When you work in a world of release dates (lord knows I have), it's important to have a published schedule and stick to it as much as possible. If changes need to be made, you announce them months in advance, so as not to upset your delicate customer base. The delay for them also assists in company cash flow...it will increase sales as they get closer to the holidays, and with Apple TV their 1st quarter sale-horse, iPhone their 2nd/3rd quarter sales horse...the newest OS will carry the 4th quarter sales.

Yes their stocks went down because of the announcement...but it's not like they bottomed out...it's a natural flux. We're going to know more after the WWDC as to what is being added in (check my blog link below for info on something that was found last week that should be going into the next release that wasn't announced), and once that's announced, stocks will climb back up at the same natural rate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I have to wait so long before I buy my iMac.

(I am planning to wait until after the WWDC and after the release of Leopard to make my investment.)

I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

you can forever wait to buy the newest of the new stuff. but if you need it now get it now. only £80 to get leopard (i think, ish)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
can't wait for them to take a crack at windows again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
a crack at windows? like that's a difficult thing to do? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Only a crack? I thought apple already shattered the glass.

Reaction score

the suprise will be the new macbook pro :D at least i hope so
(first post here btw^_^)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.