Wrong album cover

Reaction score
This is no big deal, but I am curious... Some of the songs on my iPhone show the wrong album cover, even tho they are correct on my Mac. For example, I have a few songs from the "Ultimate Eddy Arnold" album on my Mac showing the correct album cover, but the same songs synced to my iPhone show incorrect covers. In fact, 1 song shows a Celine Dion cover but 2 other songs show a Simon & Garfunkel cover! I've tried re-syncing, but the same thing happens. Is there a fix for this?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've seen this as well, the album art and lyrics and other info is stored within the MP3 file itself. But I've definitely seen songs with the wrong art and other goofy things. I've also seen no art present when it's clearly present on my Mac.

I just chalk it up to unreliable transfer and move on. I don't know of any easy way to fix this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
This is no big deal, but I am curious... Some of the songs on my iPhone show the wrong album cover, even tho they are correct on my Mac.

This same problem seems to have been existent for a good number of years now but I don't have a magic solution and don't use much music on my Mac and don't have an iPhone, but can you not manually add the correct cover to the album on your iPhone as I recall one being able to do back in iTunes day.

Otherwise, I would suggest heading off for a Google search I guess and you could start here using these or just change some details if you like the fit your iPhone model and operating system:

and

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I saw this kind of thing in iTunes, but I don't use Music much so I haven't really seen it there. However, in iTunes there was an image for the ALBUM and separate images for each TRACK in the album. I recall at least once that even though I changed the ALBUM cover, the TRACK covers didn't update and I had to do each track separately. As I said, I haven't seen the issue in Music, but maybe it can be done?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.