"wormholes" on desktop

Reaction score
Lets say the part of the desktop on the upper left is spot "A" and the part on the upper right is spot "B"

Whenever i move something from anywhere on my desktop to spot "A" it moves to spot "B", or if it is occupied, the closest place to spot "B" This just randomly started happening one day.

There are multiple "wormholes" on my desktop. 3 of them lead to the same spot, and the fourth leads to another spot.

Creating a new folder on the "wormhole" will also send it to spot "B"

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Are you running multiple monitors with your computer?

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you want to move stuff on your Desktop wherever you want...

right click on the Desktop
go to "Sort By" and select "None"

If you have that very nasty Windows habit of keeping a whole bunch of stuff on the Desktop, I highly recommend you get out of that habit and file that stuff away somewhere else and get use to needing one or two additional mouse clicks to access it.

OP
N
Reaction score
ok, apparently snap to grid made that happen, is there any way to have it still work with snap to grid?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.