• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Working with themes in imovie

Reaction score
I'm using the comic book theme and I'm trying to figure out how to put text in the window of the comic book on the front page. Can anyone help? I still don't quite understand how themes work through the video you make.

Reaction score
Assuming that we are talking about iMovie 11, once you have at least one clip added to your project, select the beginning of the project.

Then double click the image in the viewer. Once you've done that the image swings around to the horizontal and the text becomes editable. Highlight the bit you want and edit away!

Cheers

Mitcherooney

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks. My next problem is how to put text and image IN the comic book window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You can put text in by clicking in the text field. You can't, as far as I know, insert an image.

Reaction score
Actually you can - by a slightly devious route......

If you drag an image to the very beginning of your project, it will then appear in the window. Otherwise, it's the first few seconds of the first clip.

Hope that helps.

Cheers again, M

OP
U
Reaction score
Actually you can - by a slightly devious route......

If you drag an image to the very beginning of your project, it will then appear in the window. Otherwise, it's the first few seconds of the first clip.

Hope that helps.

Cheers again, M

I don't get it. If I put the image in front, it's simply that- in front. If I click that graphic frame and try to insert the image, it puts it between frames.

Reaction score
It really is straightforward.

Start with an empty project, having selected your comic book theme...

Click on the little camera icon to display the photo browser. Select a photo and drag it to the very beginning of the project. You'll find that the photo appears in the comic book window.

Then you can edit the text as already described.....

You can, of course, drag an image from the desktop or anywhere else for that matter.

Let me know how it goes.

If you are still having properties, I'll try to put together an example for you to see.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
If you drag an image to the very beginning of your project, it will then appear in the window.
Thanks. I'd forgotten it works like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.