• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

women of mac-forums appreciation thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Thanks guys!! You're all so sweet.;) I really enjoy this forum. Everyone is super nice...sometimes I feel like I really know you guys! ;) hehehe...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
You guys! That's so sweet!

I've been a member of a predominantly male forum before (I'm into my cars too!) and I must say the atmosphere on here is much nicer right off the bat. The nice environment you lot have worked hard to create for everyone is very clear even to a new poster to me and when (read: if) i ever get any knowledge I wont be affraid to speak up ;)

M

MacHeadCase

I had posted on "How did you come up with your user name?" thread that I am the wife part of johntalin, so that makes me talin (taleen) and not john for obvious reasons. Some of you assumed that I was john. I let it go, because the main issue was to discuss the computer issues. So, there... I appreciate all the salute to women also. Thanks guys!

:yinyang:

Wha?... Oh dear me, I really thought you were John! Well, now I'll know! Hello Talleen!

Hehe Stretch...aren't we all geeks? At least I know I am. Great post indeed. Thanks Eric. I don't think I've ever felt so at home as a newcomer.

Yes we too are geeks, olivia. It took a while for me to feel strong in my knowledge, enough anyhow to participate in discussions about troubleshooting in forums. I used to read guys' comments and go "Jeez! I know so little... That is a brilliant post!"

Then you start noticing you know things and you can post too. It's just a question in believing what you know. And keep on learning along the way to keep up with the technology changes which are exponential in growth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Um, how is it that you know a poster's gender anyways? I find it pretty hard to guess by a username. That being said if you have an avatar like mine (LMAO) it may not be so hard to tell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Um, how is it that you know a poster's gender anyways? I find it pretty hard to guess by a username. That being said if you have an avatar like mine (LMAO) it may not be so hard to tell.

Does your avatar mean that you just had a baby?
lol
It may be true?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
To MHC:
By the way, I truly appreciated your effort to help me through the second HD installing process. I got carried away with many choices and I don't know if I thanked you for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Yes it's cool having the women around here, and - to the women - you're the best! I guess I just didn't see it as anything particularly unusual, but then I work with geek women.

Ha! I remember one day at work a number of years ago. My officemate (female) and I were sitting on the floor near the door. Our department head (female) was walking by, and asked us what we were doing. Well, naturally we were reconfiguring her PC, though she was doing most of it. We were installing a new hard drive and jumpering it as a slave drive (in the days before cable select and 80 wire ide cables). Our boss shook her head and walked away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Nursing mom! Very cute!! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I just went through the Mug Shot Thread all the way.

I now appreciate that Cherry and Ambivalent are hot as well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
What a nice post, eric...thanks for making the girls feel even more welcome than before. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.