• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Wishlist for Mac Expo and year 2006

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
to_tough_to_die said:
I'm wishing they'll do something with the displays (lower price, maybe?). I want an external for my Powerbook, but the price between the Dell 20" and Apple 20" is killing me...
So get the dell then

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
menziep said:
A New iSight

HighDef may be
:spook:
Yea, and the cost would be around $800

Reaction score
Benjamindaines said:
Like Infer Red? Apple has chosen to go with BT, but you can buy This

I don't know what Infer Red is, but that would be the perfect soultion for me if they come out with a Bluetooth mouse, thanks :)

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
i think BT mighty mouse will be an easy give if apple really wanted 9and probably a very profitable one imho).

I really hope that we see somthing that will hit MS hard. I think their media sysstem would be the ideal opportunity in hitting as a viable option in everybodys home. Sonos are charging £900 for 2 units, MS Media Centre is not that popular, ipod is so lets get ipod users having some hardware they can relate to, ie a media centre that they can plug their ipod into -this is an ideal opp apple to start leading the way in home entertainment..

Reaction score
new High def iSight

trpnmonkey41 said:
Yea, and the cost would be around $800

Why?

Microsoft are going to bring one out in spring 06 for the Xbox360
At the rumored price of £100-£200
so why can't apple as Tiger + ichat are fully compatible with High def with the H264 Codec so there no major os updates they need to make it compatible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
menziep said:
Why?

Microsoft are going to bring one out in spring 06 for the Xbox360
At the rumored price of £100-£200
so why can't apple as Tiger + ichat are fully compatible with High def with the H264 Codec so there no major os updates they need to make it compatible
The cheapest high def cameras are still around $1000....they are a looooong ways away from having an iSight sized hi-def camera

M

MC83

A Mini PowerMac G5

I wouldn't mind seeing a completely new mac that was designed from the bottom up. Sure the mac mini and the iMac are great computers, but the upgradability on them is very limited. Maybe a mini version of the PowerMac G5 where you do have the option of upgrading or adding new hardware like a new or a second video card or add a second harddrive. Something that gives you more freedom then the mini or the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 is too hot for it to be in a smaller case. Plus from a business standpoint it doesn't make sense for Apple to do that. If people want upgradeability and power, then get the all out G5, why make a cheaper computer that they can upgrade at a lower cost?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
10 days guys!

Z

zap2

i would like a G5 Cube(aka headless iMac(a real headless iMac not a Mac Mini)

Of course a G5 would be unlikly(cuz of intel) but a Media Mac with a better chip then Mac Mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I don't want to see the 14" ibook go :(
a media center will be nice...
I am also hoping for:

-lower final cut pro prices
-Cube Mac
-intel LAPTOP~!!!!
-Powermacs will come standard with 1gb ram.

We shale see ")

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I'd be totally up for an update to iLife and iWork.

And a new iBook would be sweeeeet.

Reaction score
Bluetooth Mighty Mouse
FrontRow Update Pleeeeze, it sucks a bit right now but is has SO much potential.
Revamped portable line, cheaper PowerBook (IntelBook?) starting price.
Some new gadget like a media center, a PDA, Apple Phone or such... maybe the rumored Tablet Mac.

Reaction score
yogi said:
Bluetooth Mighty Mouse
FrontRow Update Pleeeeze, it sucks a bit right now but is has SO much potential.
Revamped portable line, cheaper PowerBook (IntelBook?) starting price.
Some new gadget like a media center, a PDA, Apple Phone or such... maybe the rumored Tablet Mac.

Yeah, The Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, (but there needs to be a recall for all of us who bought a mac that came with the mighty mouse)

I also think they should come up with a mighty keyboard, with more buttons and maybe a built in powermate ; http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/ ,there should be a sleep, shut sown and restart buttons like on some windows keyboards, and one of those arm restes on some keyboard, they should call it the Suppppppper Keyboard, and it should only cost as much as the current keyboard.

but i still dont get why they needed to change in the first place?...

Reaction score
better yet, include that with 23 and 30 inch iMacs with duel and quad!

and make the remote bluetooth and do more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
a 23" and 30" iMac is going a bit overboard...

Why should Apple have to recall people's mighty mouses when they come out with bluetooth ones? If you bought it you should have to keep it. It's like they're defective...

F

flyingpostman

mynameis said:
I don't know what to expect, but new iBooks would be nice. I think I would rather have an Xbox 360 than a mac mini media center type device.

I don't agree. Most people don't want a gaming console in the living room. Gaming is a very unsocial activity. Ask your wife if she would rather play a game or watch you play a game or watch Desperate Housewives. However the PVR we got is the best device to hit the living room since the TV itself. A device like this really changes things. The only problem is with PVR's is the software is terrible. Why can't I do a keyword search? Why can't I bookmark? Apple could really turn this market on its head as long as DRM doesn't kill the good ideas before they start.

F

flyingpostman

zap2 said:
i would like a G5 Cube(aka headless iMac(a real headless iMac not a Mac Mini)

Of course a G5 would be unlikly(cuz of intel) but a Media Mac with a better chip then Mac Mini

I think the real market is moving away from boxes and screens to "appliances" like the iMac. Sure, proffessionals and enthusiests want upgradable boxes (I was the same). Last year I bought an iMac and a Powerbook. Fantastic. The iMac is great. Its not teathered to one location (the office) where the cable modem is. It can be put anywhere and still look great, no clunky box, separate monitor, and ugly ugly wires everywhere which looks terrible. The laptop has really changed things though. Now while my wife watches TV, I surf the net and play online backgammon while on the couch. No wires, no anti-social office sitting while she is in the living room.

Now this brings me to my second point. The first company that comes out with a quality flat screen tv, that I can hang on my wall, and well thats it. No DVD player box, no PVR box, no "game console" box, no wires. Just plug it in. Ever since I bought a house I don't want 6.1 surround receiver with 100's of wires everywhere. I don't want clunky noisy boxes like PVR's and DVD players and game consoles ruining my clean living room and trying to find nice looking stands to put them on/in.

The iMac is oh so close to this. Enlarge the screen, dumb down the the computer part a bit (the power is not needed here), make it a PVR, put in a quality TV tuner, its got a DVD player. Thats it!!! Apple could really make waves here.

J

jlbrew3

I dont know about anyone else, but a thinner, larger capacity iPod would be awesome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.