Wireless charging icons

Reaction score
I have a wireless charger that has output of 15W/10W/7.5W/5W 2.5W (for iWatch).

I see 3 charging pads, the middle one is obviously the Apple Watch charger.
On the right is a lightning symbol.
On the left is a lightning symbol inside of a U.
(Unless I have the charging pad upside down).

How do I know which one I place my AirPod case on, and or my iPhone?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Look at the instructions that came with the charger.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've been trying t find that symbol by looking at several chargers and haven't found it yet. Can you post a link or other info about the model of charger involved?

OP
H
Reaction score
I've got the box that it came in, but not the instructions nor the manufacturer.

Attachments

• IMG_2697.jpeg
    IMG_2697.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 14

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
One of the slots is for the iPhone an the other is for the Airpods case. Put the phone on the spots and it'll only charge on one of them.

I have a very similar charger, but mine specifically indicates which slot is for which device. If I put the iPhone down on the Airpods charger, the charging indicating LED just flashes indicating that it isn't charging.

OP
H
Reaction score
Which symbol indicates the iPhone and which symbol indicates the Airpods case? I put my Airpods case on each of them and the green light went on.

It's odd that the box has 5 different Output wattage with only 3 different places to put my devices.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The slot with the lightning bolt symbol is usually the iPhone. The other slot would be for the AirPods case, and as you say the Watch slot is obvious.

Did you secretly post this to drive me nuts? :D It was really annoying to me that I couldn't identify the third symbol. I don't know why I didn't find that quickly. I looked at similar chargers a few months ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It's odd that the box has 5 different Output wattage with only 3 different places to put my devices.

Possibly it just self-adjusts to the device being charged.

And as for the "U" shaped icon, doesn't look anything like this which appears to be symbolizing a magnet with an electrical lightning bolt icon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFNVH8WD/?tag=macforums0e4-20

I guess that's for charging airpods in their case.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
What is the brand?

OP
H
Reaction score
It's funny, I'm looking at the box it came in and all it says is "3 in 1 Magnetic Wireles Charger".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No specs, nothing? Where did you buy it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, ususally there are the required safety and warranty information in the box, where you could get the manufacturer name, but if all you have is "One...Mac web page..." it is almost impossible to get what the symbols actually are trying to communicate. I looked at Amazon, but none of the 3 in 1 units I saw had those symbols.

EDIT: OOOOOOO! Is this it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W244BTQ/?tag=macforums0e4-20

If so, it seems not to matter. One picture shows Airpods on the "U" and another shows an iPhone there.

OP
H
Reaction score
Well, ususally there are the required safety and warranty information in the box, where you could get the manufacturer name, but if all you have is "One...Mac web page..." it is almost impossible to get what the symbols actually are trying to communicate. I looked at Amazon, but none of the 3 in 1 units I saw had those symbols.

EDIT: OOOOOOO! Is this it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W244BTQ/?tag=macforums0e4-20

If so, it seems not to matter. One picture shows Airpods on the "U" and another shows an iPhone there.
It looks like mine, except mine is white.

I had this for a while, intending to use it on trips. Recently I got a replacement case for my iPods and got one with wireless recharging. I got this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B76XG3B8/?tag=macforums0e4-20, but it doesn't seem to be charging my iPod case. So I pulled out the portable, and it is charging my iPod case just fine. So it isn't the case that's at fault.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.